Benefits help now with child

Hi, I hope someone is or has been in similar circumstance.

I receive Hr Mob & Mr Carer on DLA.

I also am on Contribution based ESA Support Group.

My wife is currently on maternity leave.

Our child is almost 6 Months old.

CAB were not too helpful and Turn2Us couldn’t do much either.

I am trying to find out who’s best to speak to get some phone support.

Somebody whom actually DOES know.

I am asking about what benefits we’d get when my wife returns to work.

What the least amount of hours she’d need to work and what earnings she’d need to earn to get benefits and what benefits she/we’d get.

I really some in-depth support from somebody in the know.

Can anybody assist or point me in the right direction please?

I’ve had RR MS since 2011.

Thank you

Hiya mucker,

I am going to give you a few numbers for support; how good they are I cannot vouch for them.

I understand your frustration with CAB, but they are general. It’s like seeing your GP for MS; very few know anything about it.

The MS Society help line 0808 800 8000 only there

MS-UK Help line: 0800 783 0518 used to be there 24/7

DLS Multiple Sclerosis Legal Advice Line | Disability Law Service



I don’t know enough about in work benefits to help I’m afraid. Usually I would have suggested that a welfare rights advisor from the CAB would be the right place to get help. But clearly, they’ve not been able to. Here’s the CAB benefits guidance webpage: Benefits - Citizens Advice they do at least have a benefits calculator which might help. Other than that, is there a welfare right advisor at your local Jobcentre? Or your local authority? Or as George suggested, the MS Society or MS-UK?


Hi welfare rights at your local council should be able to help point you in the right direction .