Forum

All advice gratefully received

Have they scanned his bladder? We found out (sadly too late) that many blockages are caused by calcium deposits in the bladder - which they can get rid of by doing a bladder wash. Might be worth asking the GP about?

Hi

My mother tried all sorts of cathaters and we had issues with a variety of them. I think with any cather type there are problems with infections, with anything alien entering the body it will naturally try and repel it. My mum has now got a super pubic one which is good, occasionally we have a by-pass but things have been ok, however to begin with she was having problems with it, soreness, infection etc and it turned out she was allergic to latex which some cathaters are made from. Perhaps there could be an issue there? our district nurses is always telling her to drink plenty, which helps with cathers and cranberry juice is good for the bladder. I sympathtises with you, but perahps look to see if there are alternatives? Have you an MS nurse who could advise, i know they are few and far between?

Good luck

Best wishes

C

Hi

My mother tried all sorts of cathaters and we had issues with a variety of them. I think with any cather type there are problems with infections, with anything alien entering the body it will naturally try and repel it. My mum has now got a super pubic one which is good, occasionally we have a by-pass but things have been ok, however to begin with she was having problems with it, soreness, infection etc and it turned out she was allergic to latex which some cathaters are made from. Perhaps there could be an issue there? our district nurses is always telling her to drink plenty, which helps with cathers and cranberry juice is good for the bladder. I sympathtises with you, but perahps look to see if there are alternatives? Have you an MS nurse who could advise, i know they are few and far between?

Good luck

Best wishes

C