Advice Ocrevus

Advice please.

I had my annual visit to my neurologist in November 19 and asked to go on Ocrevus, I have been on Tecfidera for 4 years and whilst my condition has not worsened it has not improved.

I had a **brain head scan** in Novemebr and now I have to have a **Spine whole and contrast** and have to fill in a form to say my kidneys are working fine which they are. So it looks like it is going ahead.

Is this the normal procedure and how long will it before, I have the first infusion.

I have tried ringing up in the past for information and it has got me no were.

Any advice from people who have been put on Ocrevus appreciated, I know some of the risks and do not bother about them

Thanks Bert

I was nervous when they suggested I swap from Rebif to Ocrevus… but it would have seemed silly not to, so I swapped three times a week injections for an infusion every six months, and it has been rather successful, it would appear. Himself reckons he can see my brain fog lifting a bit… unfortunately no recovering the brain power and memory I used to have, but no horrendous side effects either! I’d say go for it.

1 Like

Thank you, made me feel happy. Bert

hi bert have you had your MRI? i HAD to fill in the form with regard to kidney when i had my MRI with contrast. I was ill after and have had issues more with my UTI, i am not sure i would even want another MRI with contrast lol. I decided to hold back on ocrevus as my neuro said I may not be a candidate as i have been too ill too long, and no guarantees with some of the side affects I am passing for now.

Good luck with MRI once they have determined if you have present issues they can start but you have to be active my neuro told me.

I hope it all turns out ok for you. xxx

Thanks for that news, no not yet, this Sunday morning. Happy Christmas

1 Like

Hi Crazy Chick, from what Ive read, it seems Ocrevus isn't suitable if youve had MS for more than 15 years. How long have you had it? 22 years for me.