advice needed

Hi, im new on here today so im hoping I’ve done this correctly.

My mum was diagnosed with MS in 2007 when i was around 10 years old and growing up I never really noticed anything different about her other than she was getting slower at walking. Although over the past 4-5 years I have noticed her change into a completely different person that I don’t recognise as my mum. Her personality has disappeared and she only seems to repeat the same thing over and over again when trying to talk to her. She talks to herself constantly and has lost A LOAD of weight in the past year or so (gone from a size 18 to a size 8) Yesterday she got the results from an MRI scan that showed “black holes” on her brain? she was also told she gone into the secondary stages of ms?

I cant seem to find alot of information about if MS can affect her as a person and what secondary MS really means for her from here? so any advice would be greatly appreciated, thankyou

Hi

Have a look at: Secondary progressive MS | MS Trust

Also: Thinking and memory problems | MS Trust

I assume she has cognition problems if her personality has changed and if she’s suffering from memory lapses.

I hope she has help from an MS nurse. Perhaps you could attend an appointment with her? Then you could ask for help understanding what’s going on.

It has an immense effect on family life when a parent has MS. Do keep asking us questions as they crop up.

Sue