A slip of the pen perhaps

One of my daughters put on her Facebook page that she was running in the forthcoming Ealing half marathon on behalf of a local hospice that I gratefully use a couple of weeks a year for respite with a link to ‘Just Giving’ if anyone would like to donate, which has been generously received.

She is now frantically looking to find out her/our link with the ‘Grange Buddies’ as they made a nice comment about her posting and donated a £1000…

She is convinced whoever it was must have put a couple of ‘noughts’ by mistake as non-of us know who they are - or anyone that flush!

Stephen

1 Like

hi stephen

maybe they thought it was a good cause?

i googled grange buddies and it seems that it is a restaurant attached to buddies grange park.

there is an address for london road, northampton and a phone number 01604 814757

carole x

1 Like

We found out in the end.

I posted the same story on another forum and one of the replies was a link to how the originator can individually thank each donator.

It turns out that a friend of my eldest daughter who she is still in contact with ,and all done through this linking via Facebook apparently,married a millionaire (as one does) and read of one of my other daughters charity run and was touched enough to make £1000 donation. (How much of it her husband knows I don’t know) which was gobsmackingly generous of her.

She had kept her maiden name so we were unaware of the ‘Grainger’ link and I last saw her was prior to my current situation, perhaps 15 years ago.

So it isn’t a mistake after all!

Stephen

1 Like

great news

i’m so pleased for you

carole x

1 Like

I’m not asking for anything from fellow team members but I thought this sponsorship request was quite eloquently put -

​Stephen

1 Like