Forum

A couple of wonders

Hello there,and I hope our little bit of Global Warming suits you. Here’s my first wonder and it is if you’re wondering why you are more tired than your usual amount or anything else is more rubbishy, it could be the humidity,'cos it’s knocking me, causing more pain blah blah.You really should see my electric meter whizzing around with three de-humidifiers and two big fans running

The second wonder is something from the very dim and distant.Talking with my Dad yesterday Measles came up on the TV News.When I was more of a child I had the Measles Vaccine twice,and a girl at school had as well.She was diagnosed about 20 years ago,and me12. I had Mumps,Chickenpox and Glandular Fever ages 0-16 in amongst not much else really.

I haven’t seen her for 15 years and have no idea where she is,but it did get my neuron firing

Be lucky,

Wb <(L)>

Hi Wb,

No Summer here, I’m afraid, so unable to test your theory. We made it up to 13 degrees today, miserable, and blowing a howling gale. I was woken at 6:30 a.m, thinking there was an urgent knock at the door, because the letterbox kept clatting.

Couldn’t get back to sleep after that, even after realising it wasn’t an emergency, so had to get up, and start early with the coffee and pills.

As for the measles jab, isn’t it normal to have it twice: once, and then the booster? I’m sure, just like the mercury fillings debate on another thread, we’d have seen many more cases of MS than we do, if it was all down to MMR jabs. I think pretty much everyone used to get vaccinated, in my era. It was only since the (bogus) autism scare in the 80s or 90s, that significant numbers of parents started opting out.

I may be pulling this out of nowhere, but I think yellow fever vaccine was tentatively linked with MS, by one French study - it’s the only one that has been, and I do not think the study has been verified or widely accepted. But I remember it, because it IS a vaccine I had, in my late teens.

Tina

Thanks Tina,all interesting stuff.You might be right about the booster jab,but the story is that my mental health case mother managed to get me the jab somewhere as soon as she heard about it,without my records being updated and then I had it at school as well.

The reason I posted about it is that it may be more pieces in the jigsaw,and it was strange that the long lost neighbour of 40 years ago had it twice as well.

Wb

Hi Anitra, that’s interesting, I had the yellow fever jab when I was either 19 or 20 ( no chance of remembering exactly when thanks to the brain fog!) and diagnosed at 21…!

Hi, My symptoms started not long after a rabies jab. Due for another booster but don’t think I really want to risk another. Lynn

I reckon I had it at about 19 (no chance of remembering exactly either) - it was for work, but unnecessary, in the event, as I don’t think I ever went anywhere I was likely to encounter yellow fever. However, I wasn’t diagnosed 'til 44, so if there was any connection, it’s a very long incubation period, in my case!

Looking back, I sometimes don’t think I felt very well, even as young as my 20s, but I wouldn’t like to say exactly when it really kicked off. I think I’d been feeling subtly worse for a number of years, and had had a number of (mild) relapses I managed to dismiss as either “bugs” or injuries.

I don’t in all honesty think the jab had anything to do with it, though. I think it’s much more telling that we already had MS in the family - albeit only a distant aunt (my nanna’s sister). I only found out after diagnosis that anyone else had already been affected - I think in my nanna’s generation, it was not widely talked about. And of course, they’d all been through two wars, so perhaps they thought they were the lucky ones, MS or not.

But if I’d known anything about family medical history, I might have suspected a lot earlier than I did.

Tina