£500 to spare...in my dreams.

Wb, what yah like

I’d go for really good haircut and colour (sick of dying it at home and not being very happy with the results - I’m very grey for my age and I hate it), a meal out and a weekend away somewhere lovely!

Scratch cards are the way that the Greek economy might be saved

Wb

as a fellow redhead, the lash thing can be a problem. I get my dyed, it only costs me £5 and everyone said it does make a difference.

JBK xx

Hi JBK

Yes, I have had that done once at a salon I use…eyebrows too. Very impressed with it but I’m just wondering if these lasting lashes add more volume. I don’t have many lashes!

X

I have short straight lashes, the lasting ones if applied well, simply look as though you have well applied mascara on. The salon I get mine done insist you have a rest between applications, I’m already planning my rest periods don’t clash with my holiday later in the year.

Im getting mine done free at the moment as a trainee is practicing on me, the usual cost is £20.00.

Jan x

Scratch cards are the equivalent of using one of the wishes from a genie to wish for more wishes!

I would take my husband on our honeymoon, we’ve only been married for 3 1/2 years! There has always been something more important/vital to with both the time & money.

Valentines day coming up. Hope you and your husband are doing something special.

When I married for the second time 20 years ago, we stayed in Bainbridge Wensleydale, one of our favourite spots. We went back to the same hotel for my 50th.

​You don’t have to spend lot’s of money…just share an experience special to you both…maybe a weekend city break.

xx

With my first husband, we went camping at White sands Pembrokeshire. I loved it but when Our first son was born 9 months later and everyone said he was a honeymoon baby and I thought “Really? In a tent, on a camp site? I don’t think so!” :slight_smile:

I would be happy just checking a tent and a few things in the back of the car and going on a road trip! Noy really up to camping any more but as long as my husband could get me up from the air bed, we’d cope!

Oh I just had a thought! We could use the £500 for my best beloved to build a teardrop caravan (he’s been promising to build one for ages but time, money etc) and that way we have mini road trips when ever we got the chance. On planning, just some spontaneity that I miss so much :slight_smile:

Keep hold of them thoughts Teddie, they can and do be come reality

Travel! Travel travel travel.

There will be a day where I may be more financially secure and less mobile! Tends to happen with age ( but not always )
I want to see everything I can, while I can.

I got backdated ESA so I do actually have the cash, but it’s always hard because a limited income (i’m a student) means that you’re worried about the next ‘big bill’ that could strike

One teensy little trip though

I’d like to go glamping. I’ve never been tenting because I don’t do ‘roughing it’ but I think I could handle a bell tent that is already pitched with a wood burning stove and all the luxuries already set up! Back to nature but with luxury …

I’d also like the Bowen treatment again as my right shoulder has been stiff and painful for several weeks. When the left one was like it the Bowen treatment freed it off and it has been fine ever since. The trouble is it was £40 for an hour and that was a few years ago …

With anything that’s left I’d go and splurge on clothes and shoes at an outlet shopping centre. I do love a bargain! I hate paying full price for anything.

Tracey x

I’m with you Tracey - I’m a girl for the sales. I recently got a cabin suitcase, should have been £135 (in their dreams) down to £39.

I love a bargain, me!!!

JBK xx

Well Blossom,

that would have to be my fiance, we are getting married (both for the second time) in May, be very nice to indulge in my dream picnic before the big day.

Elle x

Aww, that’s lovely Elle

A wedding in May, how exciting for you

xx

1 Like

Nice!

I bought some quality chipolatas just before Christmas which should have been 30p each from the butcher’s counter at Sainsbury’s. They were pre-packed and said price per item 30p, number 12, total price £0.30. All the rest of the packets were correctly priced at £3.60. Guess who grabbed the incorrectly priced ones?! I thought they would get picked up when they were scanned at the till as being wrongly priced but they didn’t. They tasted all the sweeter for it …

I would use £500 to buy the wood so my husband can make decking! our house has stairs down to the garden so if we had decking at house level I could sit out in the sun in my wheelchair without having to go right around the house!

If anything was left I would buy seeds, I love growing plants! or bird feeders so I could feed the birds on my decking all year!

hi blossom

if its* got to be largely impractical and simply for oneself, then my list goes:

• bottle green faux snakeskin (leather) shoes (c. £100)
  • a new briefcase, but retro style and completely fun (c. £70)
  • new pickup for my violin (c. £100)
  • and for what’s left to pay for 2 days supply so i can cook, listen to radio, have 2 massive lie-ins, and of course to enjoy my pickup which may encourage me to pick up the violin again (c. £230)

we can all dream, can’t we?

1 Like

You sneaky sausage!!!

I like it - I would do the same thing.