Work?

Charlotte and Boudica my wife says the same but thats exactly what all us married people signed up to,sure some might not mean it or find they cant handle the reality when/if it comes,but its exactly what we all signed up to!

I know she would look after me if it was the other way round(and be a lot better at it no doubt). Would you have run for the hills or be looking after the Misters if the other way round?

1 Like

Totally sympathise with you; almost identical situation to me. My advice, for what it’s worth; find intellectual distractions, try and unlock a different part of your brain. All the best.

I can’t imagine not working. I love my job - I’m lucky that I work in an office an just have to sit at my desk all day so I can manage with my MS.

I experienced the ‘not working’ aspect when I was furloughed for 3 months due to Covid and it was awful. For me it isn’t the money that keeps me in work (although that does help) - it is the doing the job.

If you’re ill and in receipt of certain benefits you qualify for discounts to help with household bills. I. E. Council Tax, Gas, Electric and Water. Don’t ask how. Like me, do your own research but it’s worth the effort.

I know this is an old thread, not sure how i came across it, but find it interesting.
I’m on the sick from late last year vertigo (and other problems), hopefully just long lasting vertigo that will go soon, and i can return too the work force. I’m a heavy plant operator diggers and dozers.

I have seen both sides of the coin, those that milk the system and those that are genuine. Too be honest neither ever annoyed me, i have enough crap on my door step with out looking for more. I have had arthritis for twenty odd year’s now, and bio injection now and MtX in the pass have kept me in the work force, but what ever has hit me this time really has me worried.

I learnt along time a go that i need work more than work needs me. It’s just the way i’m built. When working you have a better feeling of worthiness. Maybe i’m silly but i really don’t care if Johnny next door is floating about in his DLA car drinking cans of beer. I want this crap gone and climbing back into my van :grin:.