Will I get paralyzed?

hi…

I want to know will I get paralyzed? After how many years ms patients face difficulty in walking, speaking and other things?

Also I want to know all the things that happens to ms patients… I want to know all the answers as soon as possible.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by to read this.

Angel

With MS -No two people are the same - Majority will go through life with without having serious disabilities. The important thing is to eat healthily - exercise as much as possible - take a high dose vitd3 and vitb12,magnesium,omega 3,probiotics. lf you google vitb12 deficiency ms and vitd3 deficiency ms - you will be able to read how important these are to us with MS.

l have had secondary progressive ms for 31yrs. lts not the type that has remissions - so it is with me all the time. lt was a shock when l was first diagnosed as l was pregnant at the time. But its the ‘life’ you have and you have to make the best of it. There are so many people with far worse diseases and disabilities. ln the last year l have lost 4 friends - all with cancer - so l consider myself lucky.

l take LDN - which l feel helps me with ‘coping’ with ms symptoms.

lf you look on different MS sites - you will find lots of information about the disease and these might address your fears. l don’t think there are many of us who have paralysis. We get muscle spasms - and spasticity which can be helped with different meds. But on the whole we are a cheerful bunch who manage to lead a reasonably full life that we have adjusted to suit ourselves.

Hi Angel. Looking at your profile i see you are newly diagnosed. I hope you are coping ok? First of all there are no real answers to your questions im afraid. Everyones ms is different. We all have simular problems but no 2 of us exactly the same. The difficulty in walking/speaking/bladder problems will all depend how severe your ms is and where the lesions (damaged areas on nerve fibres) are. The avonex you are taking is a dmd drug and it is to help reduce the relapses in frequency/severity. This may help your ms to progress slower. The dmd’s work for some and not for others. I have been lucky so far as my ms has been mild. We all have different experiences with ms and that is why it is such an unpredictable disease. Teresa.x

Hi Angel.

even the health Professionals cannot give you a specific answer about how long anything takes to happen it might never happen. I’ve been diagnosed since 2006, still I have questions for my neurologis.

Don’t forget there are quite a few treatments out now which were not available I’d say about 20 years ago, nothing up to now can cure us but they can keep us well.

It’s only understandable that you have questions as you are only just diagnosed, don’t look on the black side what you ask might never happen, just keep in contact with your MS nurse or your neurologist

Hi Angel,

You are so young it must make it doubly hard to get your head straight with MS. As the others have explained this isn’t a disease that follows the same path with everyone. The uncertainty makes it hard to think ahead so don’t. Look at today, tomorrow, next month.

For my own part I was dx in 1985 (long before the days of DMDs) and now 18 years later I have walking difficulties but I’m not paralyzed and my family will tell you I have no difficulty speaking!! Yes I have one or two other MS related issues but I don’t dwell on them and I didn’t let worries stop me living the last 18 years the way I wanted to.

Who knows what medical break throuhs are round the corner? I went to school with children who’d had polio – I bet you’ve hardly heard of it. Maybe in the next 20 years people will be able to forget MS in the same way.

Jane

33 years down the line and I walk with two sticks, able to think for myself and tend to myself stop panicking.

Rick

I’m newly diagnosed and for 6 months I struggled to walk using sticks and furniture in the house. Now I’m back walking pretty good. Slower than before and only use a stick when I’m tired. And I made it a funky stick. Silly I know but my funky stick helps. At first I thought it was the end of my life , now its a challenge but I was never one to give in.

Hi Angel

The best advise I’ve had is ‘not to worry about the future but to enjoy the now’.

This means if you follow a life style that incorporates exercise, eating well, meditation, have a faith and get plenty of sun light you can have a fullfilling life.

At first I had all the same questions and worries but from this forum and some self reasearch from books on MS I have been filled with confidence that I can overcome the negative thoughts that come with MS.

Theres a book I have read by Professor George Jelinek ‘Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis’ you can get it from Amazon. I believe it saved me from been pulled down by this disease.

I have been doing and following the above now for over a year and have had no ill effects at all.

You can to, good luck think positive

Jimbo

Hi Angel

The best advise I’ve had is ‘not to worry about the future but to enjoy the now’.

This means if you follow a life style that incorporates exercise, eating well, meditation, have a faith and get plenty of sun light you can have a fullfilling life.

At first I had all the same questions and worries but from this forum and some self reasearch from books on MS I have been filled with confidence that I can overcome the negative thoughts that come with MS.

Theres a book I have read by Professor George Jelinek ‘Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis’ you can get it from Amazon. I believe it saved me from been pulled down by this disease.

I have been doing and following the above now for over a year and have had no ill effects at all.

You can to, good luck think positive

Jimbo