What should I do?

Hey everyone I don’t really know where to start. I’m a 20yr old woman, who has been experiencing symptoms for 7months now and have had a blood test and pelvic ultrasound and the doctors haven’t found anything abnormal. My symptoms have been; persistent pins and needles, pain in my pelvic abdominal area and chest, muscle spasms in my arms and legs, a persistent twich in my right lower lid. I just don’t know what to do now? Doctors have said I’m fine and to wait to see if they go away but after 7 months it’s becoming too much, any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thankyou!

Hi Anon and welcome to the forum…

Sorry you had to wait for a reply… we are all struggling in this heat.

What you really want to get is a referal to a neurologist. That is the very first step to see if it is possibly MS… or so that they can rule out MS and see what else is going on.

You can only get a referal to a neurologist by seeing GP. So the thing to do is to make a list of your major symptoms. Do not make the list too long or too detailed as GP’s see that as a sign of health anxiety.

Also do not say that you have googled symptoms or been on this site. Best not to say you are worried about MS at all. Just go with the main symptoms and say how they have been continuous for 7 months are you are now very concerned.

If possible, take someone with you who can say how these symptoms are affecting you and how they are worried also… your mum, partner, friend… anyone who can strengthen your case.

IF the GP will still not refer see if you can see another GP at the practice, or even change GP practice.

IF you have had to take time off work because of symptoms, make sure you tell the GP that.

Best of luck hon. Hope you can get a referal and find out what’s going on… AND keep open minded… there are hundreds of conditions that have symptoms similar to MS.

Pat x

Pat has given some great advice. Hope you manage to get a referral soon. Good luck x

Thank you for your advice it’s really helped me. I’ve been feeling so overwhelmed by it all and now feel a little less lost.