Wanting to speak treatment

Hi, So the 6th jan is my first appt with Consultant post dx. Having had no feeling in right leg for three weeks now and some loss of feeling in my left foot, I just really am keen to discuss/start treatment. I have no real idea what to expect?? The consultant said treatment is available. Since April this year I have had very little time of being symptom free. Soooo many questions and it seems like it’s going to be the slowest three weeks :slight_smile: Impatient Lorna x

Lorna

Do you have an MS nurse? If so, maybe give them a call? Have you had steroids yet?

Good luck

Sonia x

Hi Sonia I do have an MS nurse but first meeting isn’t till the end of Jan. I will perhaps ring her tomoz x

Hi, there is quite a bit about DMDs on the main site if you want to read up on them :slight_smile:

Sonia x

Hi Lorna If you’re offered DMDs go for it. Slow disease progression and reduce relapses. As Sonia suggests read up on them so you’ve a vague idea which one you’d want if offered and also questions to ask. Also definitely ring MS nurse for medication advice for current symptoms. Min xx

Hey Recently diagnosed. Very new to all this and just looking to chat about general things really. Start Dmds in two weeks. More struggling with my mind and fatigue at the moment. X