Vitamin D

I found out this week my local MS Treatment Centre sells a years supply of 5,000iu vit D for £11. They buy in bulk so it’s a good price for MSers.

Hi I had to actually ask my ms nurse if I should be taking any vit d as I had researched myself into the benefits of this vit and she suggested 1000ius which I get from boots as others have said cheap to buy, my nuro has never mentioned it, in fact he fobbed me off by prescribing antidepressants for tension heads, after they had gone. He discharged me as I have only had a cis and put tingling and headaches and other weired symptoms down to something else, but.not that It ms. Thankfully he left my hospital but I have been on these antidepressants for 3 years and have now nearly weaned myself off them.

I have now got back in touch with hospital and demanded I get seen every six months by new nuro consultant afteral just because ive only had one clinically isolated syndrome doesn’t mean I dont have ms.

So what dose should someone be on then, I’m on 1000ius not sure if Im deficient but just had blood test, which has taken me 3 years to get done, as kept getting fobbed of with we don’t do them here!

The recent issue of New Pathways - the MS-UK mag; l read a report that the tablet form of D3 - only about 10% is absorbed more so with the gel version. But the best way to take it is in a spray form that you spray directly into the mouth. 95% going straight into the blood stream bypassing the destructive acids in the stomach.

Vitamin D3 is fat soluble, meaning it dissolves in fat, not water, and it has to be transported in fat on its journey from the stomach to the liver and the kidneys. This is why you are advised to take your d3 with the fattiest meal of the day.

Vitamin d3 in a spray - like vitamin d3 from the sun, does not travel through the stomach but goes straight into the bloodstream with the spray’s mist absorbed through the soft tissues of the mouth where there are plenty of blood vessels to help absorption.

l now have the spray - and it is very pleasant - minty tasting. And l should imagine it would be easy to give to children.

Hi Tina I get my vit d from Amazon it cost me £9.95 with free p&p for I think 6 months supply and that is for 2000iu so that’s not bad price :slight_smile:

Where do you get the Vit D3 spray from? I have got the healthy origins capsules but the spray sounds good.

l got the spray from Amazon BetterYou DLUX 3000 ius. l was taking 10,000ius daily of the Healthy Origins - but as my levels still were not rising - l am hoping that the 3.000 iu spray - of which 95% is absorbed into the bloodstream will be better. Will get my levels checked again in the new year - to see what difference it has made.