Two TV investigations into the WCA

Hi Greg. Can you also show the thread ‘ESA’ by Mo54 to Campaigns Team please.

Thanks,

Pat x

SCOPE has published their outraged reaction to last night “DISPATCHES” programme,

and are urging people to contact their MP

(via automatic link),

to demand the unfair WCA test to be scrapped immediately.

Link and info here: (please sign asap)

http://www.scope.org.uk/news/blogs/scope-blog/dispatches-wca

I’ve signed!

I hope the M.S. Society are making representations on our behalf – are they???

The gold medal for irony goes to Atossers.

OMG! ATOS are sponsoring the Paralympics?? The hypocrisy is appalling.

Karen x

It truly is beyond parody and you really couldn’t make this stuff up.

I note your interest in the duplicitous Chris Grayling MP and include this article just for you. In case you forget, this is the bloke who believes BB owners can turn away gay couples if they wish. Are we in 2012?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jul/31/minister-accused-video-disability-claimants

Thanks for link Sparkledust. I’ve signed.

Important that we all sign. It’s easy and quick!!! (scroll down page to ‘email your MP’… the email is already written so you just have to put your details in… and you don’t even have to know who your MP is!)

Pat xx

And a gold medal for hypocrisy!

Do you think Grayling will be made to account for his lies?

Hmmm, that’s two gold medals and £100m to France.

On the basis that Jeremy Hunt got away without a stain on his character (apparently) then no, he will probably be recognised by Dave as doing a splendid job.

I understand that this Government is pursuing an ideological agenda and don’t care what we think, but where on earth is the moral outrage? A civilised society should not stand by and accept this disgraceful treatment of the weak and disadvantaged.

Some people voted for these Tory’s; the people who voted LibDem did not vote for what we have.

All the petitions; EDMs are not going to make any difference (although I will sign them). The U turn party will not in this matter. It’s just no good saying don’t do this; don’t do that you must give an alternative.

This is all happening because of the austerity policy the Government is perusing. Nobody can give any argument to Simon Jenkins and Billy Brags idea which is give everybody above the age of 16 who earns below £80,000 per year £2,000. They will spend the money on bills, rent/mortgage, consumer goods etc. making profit for businesses and thus creating growth. If they put it into a savings account that is doing exactly what the BoE are doing. This would cost about 20 billion pounds but it should be remembered that the BoE has given the banks 375 billion in QE so far.

In the long term the Robin Hood Tax must be implemented. A less than half 1p in the pound tax on every transaction involving bonds, derivatives etc. (not in your high street bank) would raise £100 billion per year (see http://robinhoodtax.org/)

While we have a Chancellor who equates the country’s budget with that of a household budget saying “in times of austerity we must cut back on our spending” we will have a long, bleak future.

The answer to any bank that wants to move to, say, Hong Kong is simple. If they move they will not be allowed to operate in this country. I’m sure you would get agreement on that in the EU.

Can anyone find problems with this?

£2000 although not financial saving many people especially up north will help them.

George

Sorry should be £500 to the poorest 500,000 people.

George

My sentiments exactly. In fact I find it quite alarming.

As for society caring for the disabled, I found this to be very enlightening…

Black Triangle, have reported on an academic study carried out by the University of Glasgow, undertaken on behalf of Inclusion London, in order to assess the ways that disabled people are being portrayed in the mainstream print media. The results are not too surprising for the masses of disabled people who have watched, powerless, the steady stream of thinly veiled propaganda against the sick and disabled that has flown directly from government offices into the right wing press, acquiring a generous smear of poisonous prejudice along the way.

The report can be found here:

Bad News For The Disabled: How The Newspapers Are Reporting Disability.

God help us all…

It’s a classic case of Tory divide and rule. The more they can get the masses arguing about benefits, the less we hear about the financial speculators (and tax avoiders) who caused this economic problem in the first place. Let’s not forget that the Tories receive 50% of their funding from the City and do not wish to disturb this happy balance.

Fortunately, they are clueless and will be voted out at the next general election.

Excellent letter from Journalist Sonia Poulton to Ed Milliband re: WCA,

please sign!

Also, Tom Greatrex, MP, has secured a Westminster Hall debate on September 4 with regard ATOS and WCA.

http://atosvictimsgroup.co.uk/2012/08/01/letter-to-ed-miliband-from-jour…

We all need to sign this,PLEASE< PLEASE sign,we cant be all treat as badly as this.

Hi everybody, well \i have just watched these 2 progammes and all I can say is that if you are not in a comma then you are fit for work according to Atos and DWP, why do we waste our time and ink filling in the forms, let alone all the stress it causes us.

This government should be ashamed of the way they are treating the sick and disabled, we are just an easy target for them.

Chris Graying should step down as he is not fit for purpose the same as this assessment is not fit for purpose.

Thats it rant over, feel better for that

Hope you are all having a reasonable day

Kimc

watched the panarama programme are we living in a third world country because that what it looks like

Hi Stenovski

This has been at the top of the Campaigns Team’s agenda since day one. You can read more on the main site, especially in the Campaigns Blog .

Greg [admin]