Treatment option

Hi

I am looking for opinions on treatments as I having a bit of a struggle at the moment .

I was on Gilenya for 10 years , no side effect issues .

My Neuro decided kesimpta was wonderful and switched me over . Kesimpta and ocrevus do not suit me and it took about 7 months for me to get back to my normal .

Neuro wasn’t impressed with me wanting to switch back to gilenya but did agree . I don’t know if it is because it’s now in a generic format but this has caused side effects the worse one being breathlessness that just wasn’t getting any better .

I am now being offered Mavenclad which to be honest scares me

I know there are gonna be side effects but these wonder drugs are really knocking me and making life miserable.

Any advice please , what treatments are you being offered and how are you getting on with them .

Thank you

Claire

That sounds really disappointing and frustrating- I am sorry.

So far I’ve been lucky. Well, what passes for lucky on Planet MS. 10 years on Avonex (3 years too long- it had obviously stopped working and I wasn’t proactive enough about demanding an upgrade). Tysabri for well over 10 years now and it has been a wonder drug for me. Maybe not next year maybe not next week - who knows with MS? - but today it’s a blessing. No sides to speak of.