Support for a disabled relative

Interested to hear from anyone who found a way to get a grant from the council to help a relative with MS.

I have info sources and plenty though wondering what.

Read the page here and it mentions adaptations for a car. How does this extend to home adaptations?

Hi for home adaptations you need a DFG…disabled facilities grant…this would first need an OT to visit you at home and see what she thinks would be appropriate. Works costing less than £1,000 come below the DFG rules, so would be simpler to get eg door widening. Ring your local council social services or ask GP.

Yes that makes sense. The local council has been helpful and I read some great info on sources that they do not cover on their site for anyone interested.

1 Like