Starting Sativex today

Hi everyone, I can see that Maurice has come off Sativex now (sorry to read of your extreme difficulty Maurice, though pleased you’re not saving those pennies for other treatments) but how have others managed? Maurice it’s great to read that you had some relief for a period of time, I guess it’s every little thing that can help - right?

Has anyone is in England received the treatment? Or if from England, has anyone here managed to get transferred through their CCG and the cross-border protocol to a more sympathetic part of the UK?

I’m asking because my partner’s neurologist doesn’t prescribe it due to cost and doesn’t want to discuss it as an option, as he said specifically because it costs too much to the NHS. He doesn’t say that it won’t help for my partner’s spasticity, just refers to the cost. No complaints about the physician, his hands are tied.

Any help or advice would be great, thanks.

My best to everyone and anyone having to deal with this condition, it’s struggle. Let’s hope more options are uncovered soon to help sufferers.

Sorry Maurice I meant to write “please you are saving your pennies” not the other way around!