rrms, going downhill fast

Hi Sorry to hear about your problems, have you tried contacting macmillian nurses. I know they are mainly for cancer paitents but when my daughter, who suffered from MS, was alive and in a care home for respite care there was a macmillian nurse in there and she said that they don’t only deal with cancer paitents. Give them a ring you have got nothing to lose. Good luck

ok thankyou very much for that, as u say ive got nothing to loose so ill give it a go :slight_smile: startin to look at this in a different way now, if begging for help isnt working, being polite wen talking to them isnt working, then ill try a different tactic with mum to help. not gettin nasty coz thats not gona help n its more likely them seein me as a difficult person and not wanting to help anyway which completely defeats the object, still patience is a virtue as they say, help will come eventually in the end

I would ask your GP to refer you or even your mum…if a referral comes from someone else they would have to do the assessment I think. They shouldn’t be refusing anyway as everyone is entitled to an assessment for services, every council has a criteria but despite this you can’t make a decision without doing an assessment. We are led by that notion … The fact is everyone is entitled to assessment and I am sure your authority works like that too. Just seems they are not very helpful. Which authority is it? Xxx

its the wolverhampton authority, pretty useless in some aspects so far

It seems very useless in my eyes. I forgot to say I work for social services and do the assessments I referred to above. That’s how I know EVERYONE is entitled to an assessment!. Please don’t give up even if you have to approach your local MP. xxx