Reply to david603 who believes that injectable DMDs....

Yep. Now, here’s why. You joined this forum at the same time as Joe Wouk and Garnet. They’ve long gone and have thankfully moved on.

You’ve come out with the most outrageous comments since 09 - enough to provoke strong and stressful reactions in other people. I thought it would be good to collect your more outlandish comments.

A whole year - yes, 12 months after Joe Wouk posted about ‘pharma shills’, you repeated his comments and wrote about how much you enjoyed the upset that they caused. Anyone who ‘enjoys’ upsetting people with MS doesn’t deserve respect.

I haven’t posted here for a while, because I’ve been ill with severe respiratory infections and have been too tired and too easily stressed to enter into arguments with you.

I still have my database of your ridiculous claims. I open up the file and have a good chuckle and then close it before it makes me angry.

You may well be outraged that someone could collect your musings. Well gosh, imagine how people with RRMS who take DMDs feel when you make ridiculous claims for LDN. We sit there, hearts pounding, stress levels rising and we feel manipulated into a state of stress. I think that’s pretty shabby treatment and the really bad thing - is that you don’t care and you don’t have MS. The stress doesn’t exacerbate symptoms or cause heightened emotions for you, but it does for us.

As Dr Geoff helpfully pointed out, I’m not anti LDN. I take LDN and Rebif.

BRAVO!!!

LOL

Kxx

LMAO!!!

Succinct and to the point.

RESPECT, George!

Belinda

Good to see true intellectual arguments and respect for forum rules come to the fore in the end.

Oh excellent David. Does this mean that at long last you are willing to join in a true intellectual argument? That will be a novel experience…

B :slight_smile:

Hi

I have found reading the comments rather stressful and would like this thread to cease.

Moira

I’m truly sorry that this thread has caused you stress Moira.

These kind of arguments have been going on for many years now on here. Something is said about a DMD or another drug that is unfounded and some of us jump on it so that no one is misled. Some of the people involved in the arguments have changed over the years, but they always have pretty much the same refrain.

I’m not quite sure why some people feel the need to make false claims and denigrate other people’s choices, but it happens. Unfortunately, sometimes it gets very heated - having lots of people who care deeply but have opposing views is not always the best recipe for peaceful discussion!

Anyway, my apologies that this thread has upset you. It will soon drop off the front page if no one else replies, but in the meantime, it may be best to avoid it?

Karen x

Time out everyone.

Greg [admin]

I find these comments hilarious! I recently had advice from David603 and as a rebif user found myself doubting decisions i had made.

Thankfully the ‘people that know’ put him straight on these boards.

I think it is important they are allowed to put the record straight as someone could make a big mistake if they did not and that could be life changing for someone.

I for one, are very grateful to them.

That is so very true.

H

I don’t mean to be rude, but debate is sometimes a good thing & sometimes people need to be ‘put straight’.

So many of us could be missinformed or only get bits of information if some of these threads didn’t happen.

I think rather than ask for something to be stopped, it’s perhaps best if you don’t read anything that looks like a debate, it’s not really fair stopping others from taking part.

Our world is already PC mad.

Hazel

I know I could get slated for this reply, someone will misread it & get the ‘humph’ with me, but it was not done with aim to upset Moira, just to give another point of view.

Anon and Hazel have made good points.

The problem with someone who has a misinformed and biased view, is that they’ll sound informed and someone will take their advice and may end up making a dreadful mistake. It wasn’t advice from David603, but from Dr Lawrence and various others.

I made a mistake and it cost me months of mobility and good health.

What David603 doesn’t ever understand, is that no one else makes claims for LDN that aren’t based on personal experience and turn those claims into reasons why others should NOT take a trialled DMD.

The other reason for compiling a database of D603’s ‘advice’ was so that he couldn’t deny having written rubbish - eg ‘LDN is more effective than Avonex’.

See? It’s obvious. Throw away your Avonex, Rebif or whatever and take the sage advice of David 603 and use LDN.

That’s why - oh and I am still very angry at the Pharma Shill comment. We are here to support and advise each other, not to be misled by those with strongly-held, but incorrect views.

There are ‘Big Pharma’ conspiracy theorists everywhere. Their views are threatening to those who had to fight for equality to access to drugs. It’s no wonder that people get upset.

Now I shall disappear for some time again and get on with recovering from my various recent life-threatening infections and not have to feel those familiar prickles of stress.

Like WMDs, DMDs are a fallacy with a 30 per cent of reducing relapses for 30 per cent of people ie. a 9 per cent chance of working at all. All they do is fatten the pockets of Big Pharma.

Like WMDs, DMDs are a fallacy with a 30 per cent of reducing relapses for 30 per cent of people ie. a 9 per cent chance of working at all. All they do is fatten the pockets of Big Pharma.

wHY IS ONE OF YOUR POSTS ANONYMOUS AND THE OTHER HAS YOUR NAME? i DON’T UNDERSTAND THIS SITE

Dear Monty,

Reducing relapses by 30% is not the same as a 30% chance of reducing relapses - you seem to be confusing the two.

I’ve absolutely no vested interest in plugging DMDs, by the way - as many here will know, I have declined them. But hopefully, I at least based my decision on correct facts, not the misconception that the “30%” figure referred to my chances of it working.

Tina

Because i reckon he made a mistake and didn’t want anyone to know it was him posting…

Well, that’s a bit daft isn’t it, wading in with a major statement against DMD’s which help many people (me included in the past) reduce incidence, length and severity or relapses but then not having the bollocks to put his name to it?

Who’s big pharma?

[quote=“montyclift”]

[/quote] As usual Monty, true to your journalist routes; never let the truth get in the way of a good story. How wonderful to have you back with us.

How enlightening, I hadn’t realised that Weapons of Mass Destruction reduce relapses in only 30% of people with MS…I would have thopught a stonking great bomb on your head would have cut relapses rather more effectively than that.

p.s. Your facts are tad dodgy - a 30% cut in relapse rate (it isn’t just relapse rate - it’s severity and length of relapse) for 30% of people (which people - people with MS - people with RRMS?).

How did the CCSVI go?