Ptosis

Hello

I am having a video appointment with a neurologist soon. I saw an opthamologist recently who diagnosed Ptosis. He couldn’t explain why I was having it but said he didn’t think it was neurological. Does anybody else experience drooping of the eyelid and skin underneath the eyes? Or have trouble opening their eye/s in the morning? I often will wake up but my right eyelid will not lift.

Also just wondering has anybody had issues with their blood tests not being able to be processed due to the blood hemolysing? The GP has had to request I go for the same blood tests for folate three times now because they’ve hemolysed. I’m waiting to hear the results of the last test.

I don’t know if this is the case but my ferritin blood test was rejected because of being ‘insufficient’ - I didn’t realize this could be a reason! My GP didn’t even tell me they hadn’t tested, she just said it was all clear. I have to ask for it to be done again.

Before last Christmas my right eyelid and eyebrow began a battle with my nerves. I wear a lens in my right eye and it was bobbing up and down, and so did my vision - lovely. I gave up and went to bed. When I woke the argument was over and now I have an eyelid that droops a bit, as does my eyebrow.

Every day is different, eh?

Hi Anon, I currently have ptosis alongside peri-ocular pain and headaches. My September 2020 scan showed some lesions and I was being monitored but because of this I’m seeing my neuro again sooner. Haven’t seen ophthalmologist yet but my optician and GP noted it at recent checks.