PIP Assessment tomorrow - any tips?

I have my PIP Assessment tomorrow. Anyone got any advice for me?

The letter says to take with me any walking aids. I have elbow crutches, but I only use them at home, it’s wheelchair everywhere else, so do I take them or not?

It’d be easier to twat the assessor with them… :smiley: ( only joking. …) maybe…

1 Like

Like it!!

I’ve often said that I have two crutches, one for support and the other to use as a weapon!

I am joking…mmmmm…maybe?

Go in your wheel chair and take someone with you, what ever you do do not propel the chair yourself as they will say you are able to mobilise for 50 metres so no mobility element paid.

I’d go in the wheelchair but take the walking aids with you. You say you use them at home so maybe they’d want t see how your walking is when you’re using them?

I went in on my own and wish I’d taken some notes in with me to remind me of things, the nurse advised me it would’ve been fine to do that. I realised afterwards there was a couple of things I’d forgotten!

Good luck.

Anne Marie x

[quote=“Horsemad”]

Go in your wheel chair and take someone with you, what ever you do do not propel the chair yourself as they will say you are able to mobilise for 50 metres so no mobility element paid.

[/quote] is this realy the case? i got my pip date next mounth, oh joy! all i seem to read or hear is bad news ! so the way i see it is some jack with a pen and a cse can redefine my 18yrs DX 12yrs indefinite ( what does that word mean)???

good luck horsemad… keep a firm grip on those reins

Julien xx

Take a partner or family member with you,use your wheel chair and lay it on thick . My eldest daughter went with me and she was a great help,remembering things that i’d totally forgotten about.

Good luck

Mel x

By lay it on thick i meant tell the truth but emphasise your struggles, i feel i’ve been told off by someone who hides their identity,woop’s .

Mel x.

What are you doing going; let them come to you saying “It would be too much pain and discomfort” too late now.

George

1 Like

Ah, never thought of that. Actually I think it was thanks to you around 2006 I got DLA when you suggested I contacted the DWP and ask them to send a doctor to my home to assess me, after I was initially refused the mobility component of DLA and asked for reconsideration. Good to know you are still around dispensing good advice, although I confess to being disappointed when around the same time you predicted stem cell treatment was around five years away.

Hello darlin,

Yes, I was a little premature with my assumption but I’m optimistic; it’s just these so called learned people can’t keep up with my thinking.

My glass is half full; always will be. Sixty five now; diagnosed 43 years still gona get better.

keep well; we will get there.

Gx

2 Likes

What we all have to be aware of is that the change from D.L.A to P.I.P is designed to cut our benefits.

the government would have us believe that the changeover is designed to to make our benefits more secure for the people who deserve them. I say this is a right and utter load of bollocks.

the so called medical examinations that we have to undertake are taken by people who do not have a clue about our M.S.

they also do not give a shit about any of us.

they have a system of divide and conquer.

we should get properly organised and demonstrate against what is being inflicted upon disabled people.

the time is now ripe, especially with all the shit that’s going down with this rich man’s couldn’t give a shit for us budget.

1 Like