Optic nerve inflamed

Hi all

After a bit of advice. I went to my options last Monday as I was struggling to focus on things. He said my optic nerve looked healthy and good but he wanted to refer me to the eye clinic. He said he wasn’t concerned and good be a wait. I call my MS nurse to let her know whatwas going on and she got me in the day after. My scans came back ok, couldn’t see much. She said she can see inflamation at the back of my eye and sent me away with steroid eye drops for a week. My vision got worse and could barely focus on anything. So when I had an appt this week I let her know. She said yes I can see its got worse my fields test shown that and the scan showed optic nerve imflamation this week. Am really scared as had eye drops for a 10days now and steroids for 3 and no improvement. Just after advice I am taking 500mg of methylprednisolone. Has anyone taken these and made a full recovery or should I be asking for IV steriods. So concerned I will loose my vision in my right eye. Have a 4yr old little boy and I can’t imagine anything worse. Sorry for the long post just scared and would appreciate any advice from anyone else been in this situation.