Oh dear... we've got a diagnosis

Hi Guys,
Thank you all, every one of you, for your kind support - it means a massive amount to me. These are sad, dark days here, but I want to help my daughter believe what you are all saying… that she CAN and WILL lead a long, happy life, and live out her dreams. Your kindness makes it all feel a bit better, so I’m really grateful.

I know that once this initial shock is over, there will be a thousand questions coming your way. But in the meantime, thank you.

Love
V

Hi, I can relate in a way to how you are feeling. Whilst my daughter was at university we were told they thought she had late onset cystic fibrosis. Thankfully it wasn’t but she has symptoms that do impact on her life. I have a probable diagnosis of a neurogenetic disorder that looks like and has symptoms of progressive MS. My daughter has a 50% chance of inheriting it.

You will both be reeling from the news and then there will be many questions you both want to ask. I know a few people who got a diagnosis of MS in their teens. Some of them had bad relapses at the beginning. They have all gone on to have productive lives with successful careers, married and had children. They’ve had minor symptoms until their late 40’s and have been told it’s benign MS.

There is a forum on here for a young people. Maybe when your daughter feels up to it she could join amd make friends with other young people who can relate to the way she is feeling.

Jacqui xx

Hello V xx I can’t add anything to the above other than bestest wishes for you, your daughter & your family xxxxjenxxx