Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) Users - Advice Please

Hello All, Been around on here for years and luckily after lots of trial and error, I have been stable with my highly-active RRMS for the past 5 years.
I was on Copaxone as my first DMD and had 3 clinically significant relapses in a year, therefore moved up to Gilenya and it’s been good. However I have had a big issue with infections and relapses in the past 12 months and it’s time to move to a different DMD.
With the Neuro yesterday, it was suggested Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) or Mavenclad (cladribine). I am leaning to Ocrevus and would like to hear real-life experiences.
Please let me know what it is like for you and what it has done for your MS.
Thanks.

1 Like

I have been on it for almost 2 years now. I will get my 4th dose end of June. I have never had any problems with ocrevus or getting the infusions. I have had no new symptoms since I began and my mild symptoms have gotten better since I started taking it. I would recommend it to anybody.

2 Likes

I have been having Ocrevus for a couple of years now… was nervous at first (new drug, didn’t know what to expect) but a day in hospital for the infusion every six months beats injecting 3 times a week! I think it’s done the job well. I’d say go for it… just take a good book.

1 Like

Hey!

I had my first ocrevus having been on plegridy for years. I was very scared of it if I’m being honest but the feedback I wish someone had have given me is that I got to sit down and do my wordsearch with regular biscuits and cups of tea, and all uninterrupted … fabulous.

It’s not much but it is a silver lining in the darkness… xx

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback, you mirror the comments made on Reddit and Facebook. Can’t say I am looking forward to coming off Gilenya, as will be vulnerable. Will be placed back on Copaxone a bridge until my immune system comes back to life.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

<3

I agree. The most ‘down time’ I’ve had in years, almost didn’t want it to end!!

1 Like

Hi, I have just had my 4th Ocrevus. I have not had any problems, other than 20 minutes of red itchy patches which go down after taking further antihistamine tablets. Just 5hrs of your life every 6months, time to read a book

2 Likes

Hello
Also given these options today and wondering how you got on. Am certainly leaning toward ocre.
:slight_smile: