Not looking good

Hi

I would like to list some of my current experiences and 'symptoms" and get some feedback.

Most recently, involuntary twitching/spasm/movment of thumb and fingers in right hand when at rest.

Trembling or vibration in legs.

Tingling/shivering sensation around torso, side and lower back.

Intense spasm of the neck causing sharp movment, very uncomfortable.

Long history of anxiety, deppressive episodes and panic disorder.

Tired during the day, cannot sleep at night

Apathy.

(and the worst one) immesnly painful and worrying stabbing feeling inside my body occompained by the sensation of being crushed. To breath in is immesnly painful, but to complete a full breath usually illeviates the pain. The first time it happened I thought I was going to die it was that bad.

Now I dont want to jump to any conclusions, but it doesnt sound good does it? Does anybody now anything about parkinsons. I am quite concerned about all this.

Thank you very much

Ben

Hi Ben and welcome :slight_smile:

First of all, your list of symptoms don’t sound anything like Parkinson’s Disease to me (my dad has it).

And, tbh, I reckon that several things are much more likely to be going on here than MS. Here are a few ideas that I think might be worth considering and/or getting checked out (your GP will probably think of loads more!):

• neurological symptoms as a result of not enough sleep: sounds crazy, but it really is possible

• vitamin or mineral deficiency: too little of things like vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, iron, etc can cause all sorts of symptoms

• anxiety: when someone gets a weird symptom, they can be prone to being very sensitive to what else their body is getting up to and then focus in on things that others may not even have noticed

• something structural, e.g. a slipped disc, might explain a lot

• thyroid: could it be over/under-active?

If I were you, I would see my GP and ask for help with improving my sleep and for a thorough battery of blood tests. Once you’re getting enough sleep and have anything that shows up in the blood tests under control, see what symptoms are left and take it from there. Fwiw, my daughter had a lot of what you describe a couple of years ago and I was scared ******** that it might be MS - it turned out she had a B12 deficiency.

Btw, the crushing feeling sounds like it might be the “MS hug” - it’s not just people with MS who get it though. It’s not dangerous, just scary :frowning:

Hth!

Karen x

Hi Ben,

Karen has said it all really get to your GP, I will only add that if you shallow breath this can cause infection, You need to take full breaths when you can as this clears your lungs.

All the best and good luck

Yeah, when you put it like that, it could be anything.

For the last 2-3 months I have getting probably under 8 hours sleep. So this is a good place to start.

Also the term B12, has cropped up before. Will look into this.

Going to GP today.

Thanks!

Yeah, when you put it like that, it could be anything.

For the last 2-3 months I have getting probably under 8 hours sleep. So this is a good place to start.

Also the term B12, has cropped up before. Will look into this.

Going to GP today.

Thanks!