MS vs ME/CFS - not the only one?

I agree with Reikiblossom. Unless you get some answers, how will you know if there is treatment available to help? Honestly Purpledot, it makes me so angry, but also sad, as we’re undoubtedly not alone in what can seem like an uphill battle.

Well, just for the record, I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2012, and dysautonomia (autonomic dysfunction) and vestibular deficit. since then. Needless to say, I had to change surgeries, and still feel angry sometimes when I wonder if I’d still be working now (if I’d been taken seriously and started DMDs sooner)…who knows?

Love,hugs and spoons to all in this horrible situation, and please don’t give up.

M :slight_smile: xx

Thanks for your reply, Auntymogs (oh, I do love Bagpuss!) I’ve decided to ask for a Second Opinion, especially as I seem to be having a relapse right now. I’m not too fond of collecting symptoms…

Good for you, Reikiblossom…and good luck.

Please let us know how you get on xxx

So glad I’ve found this post. After being ill for approx 2 years but more recently and severely frim last October I Fi ally got my GP to take me seriously and accept that my huge lost of symptoms weren’t just anxiety or stress related I was referred to a Neurologist. To cut a long story short I had my results back from Neuro saying more or less nothing to report etc etc. Went to see my doctor to discuss this as I just wasn’t buying that I’ve dreamt be if so flaming ill. She said the MRI had picked up two things on my spine. …mentioned C7 & blah blah blah, to be honest I can’t even remember as was feeing cack…anyway, then got told I was being referred to the ME Clinic and after an assessment have been diagnosed with ME. Totally unconvinced and deep down I really feel like that’s not the case but I feel that now I have that ‘label’ bugger all else will get done. Anyway, very interesting post and thanks for letting me know I’m not alone.x