MS nurse

I was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago. I was allocated an MS nurse. There are 2 in my area. I have only seen her 3 times, so about once a year. I see a doctor once a year at the local hospital which I think is standard. Should I have more access to the ms nurse or is this what most people get? My GP has told me she does not treat MS as it should be dealt with by neurology. I’m struggling to cope with this illness some times and do not have anywhere to go to get help.

Hi Catlady, I believe about once a year is usual to see the nurse, except of course if you are relapsing - experiencing new symptoms or a recurrence of old ones. I telephone my nurse if something is worrying me, usually having to leave a message. On the few occasions I’ve done this, she has always got back to me later the same day.

Ben

If you’re struggling you need to contact your MS nurse, she/he should always get back to you if you leave a message.

Are you on any DMD’s? These are prescribed by your Neuro only, but your GP should be able to help with pain relief if you’re suffering…

I think your visits are pretty general, once a year unless anything crops up, so give your nurse a call…

Rosina