Ms member's i wanted to get your feedback is ms hereditary or bad luck

hey, they say it isnt, but my mum and her dad have it and now so do I.

Myself, sister and first cousin all have MS, my other first cousin, sister of the cousin with MS has been told it’s highly likely that the recent symptoms she’s been showing is MS.

So that’s, brother / sister, and sister / sister, all first cousins and all from the same family line, my mothers side.

Many people comment that they are the only ones with MS in the family, but so was my cousin at one point.

Then 7 years later my sister.

I wasn’t diagnosed until around the age of 50, about 20 years after my sister.

My point is, if there is a family link, MS can strike at any age and any time, so even though someone may be the only one at that particular time in the family with MS, it could possibly strike another member at any other time, now or in the future.

I emphasis, IF theres a link.

Personally on our own families experience and observing the number of people who also have family connections with MS, I firmly believe there is a link.

But thats still a genetic link !

they say no, but if you have an auto immune disease they say another member of family is more likely to have it. well in my family both my girls had endometriosis although technically not autoimmune they say it can trigger autoimmune like Sjögren’s which i think both of them have as they both suffer with dry eyes, and mouth and nose and other issues, my dad had lupus and my grandad parkinsons. I have MS. so the link for auto immune is high in my family so well i got the MS, although i did test positive at first for lupus the second test was negative, my brother was the same, my other brother had sarcoidosis which they think could be auto immun. I worry my younger brother has MS, as he is very like me, and now 50. I worry about my grandchldren and neices and nephews as it can skip generations.

I am a bit worried too as lately i have had odd things, my mouth when resting my tongue has resting tremor it drives me nuts, and sometimes my right hand and thumb. I hope its not parkinsons. I am just worried as i have nothing else to do lol.

I hope my daughters dont get MS. both have health issues.