Methylprednisolone

Thanks Stitch,

Officially I’m rrms, but I suspect the steroids are part of the diagnostic process to see if I’ve moved to spms. If they help probably still rrms, if not then I suspect they might start considering the other.

I was only diagnosed in March but my walking, which I’d had issues with for a couple of years since the relapse that set me on the road to diagnosis, has been gradually going down hill since about May with no improvement.

I had IV steroids about 2 months ago which I found excruciatingly painful (although I was told this is very unusual). I didn’t see any benefit either. Whilst I was in the hospital the doctor mentioned progression a couple of times.

I think that’s why I’ve not been posting recently, I’ve been sticking my head in the sand a bit. :slight_smile:

I know what you mean Shuffler, it’s easier to stick your head in the sand than think of the future sometimes but hey ho, what will be will be. We’ve just got to do the best we can and hope someone comes up with a cure for this damn condition. Don’t know how you feel but I do get scared sometimes when I think how I might end up, but then I come on this forum and hear how up-beat people (who are much more affected by MS than me) are and it perks me up. One life, live it…as Land Rover would say…It works for me (most of the time!).

Anyway, I’ll stop rambling on now. How is your second day on Meth Pred? Hope your taste buds are intact and the quesiness hasn’t hung around. Here’s hoping you are getting some benefit from them. xx

Much better today. I took them 3 and then 2 tablets in each go with plenty of water to make sure they went down in one go. That way they were in my mouth for much less time. Still tasted awful but the after taste didn’t hang around as long.

Still a bit of an unsettled tum but nothing too bad. Tiredness is about par for the course these days so I was expecting that. Still managed to get through a full day at work though.

Have you started yours yet?

No haven’t taken mine yet, I have taken some Vodka and coke instead!

Pleased to hear it’s been better for you today, hope it stays that way and you soon start to see the benefits.

Look after you! Hugs. x

Update day 4

Still going ok. The nasty after taste is going very quickly. I’ve had a couple of severe bouts of nausea during the nights but they have cleared within a few minutes of sitting up and not repeated again during the same night.

I’ve not slept well the last 2 nights so feeling pretty tired, but to be honest, so far, it’s all going much better than I expected, especially after the nightmare of the IV steroids.

Now if only I can start to see some benefit…