Knocked down by motorcycle - 8 hours at A&E

Catherine, do you know I thought of you, when I decided to go home? The difference is, I knew you had someone at home to keep an eye, if anything went wrong, whereas I don’t. But it did cross my mind: “I’m not the only silly s*d [no offence intended] who won’t stay here overnight!” Actually, hospital phobia is not that unusual. They were having great problems with the guy a couple of bays down from me. I think the gist of it was he couldn’t pee at all, so couldn’t be discharged, but he was withholding consent for them to do anything, and insisting he just wanted to go home. I don’t think he was actually mentally infirm, so they had a dilemma. They couldn’t do anything unless they could persuade him, or get one of his family to persuade him. Tina x

Oh no, that’s awful, thank goodness you’re ok and Arnica (and probably lots of rest) is the only treatment needed. Take care and I agree with Ellen, report it!

Sonia x

What an terrible experience. I hope you are continuing to recover. You’ll be all shades with the bruises in a few days. You should have stayed overnight in hospital and I’m somewhat surprise they discharged you when you live alone.

((((((((HUGS))))))))) Mary

You’re so right…at the end of a phone anyway…at the moment I get to see MrH for about half an hour before he goes to bed !! He’s a total workaholic !! But I’ve always been the same, even pre MrH…,we’ve only been married for two years. I had my gallbladder out, came down to the ward at about 2ish and despite their insistence on admission to a ward, was in a taxi and going home by 7ish !! I have no idea where it comes from as I’ve never had a bad experience and I don’t mind going to hospital, it’s just the thought of staying overnight fills me with anxiety. So I am absolutely with you on this one. I hope you are soon feeling better. Big hugs Catherine Xx Ps no offense taken…I know I’m a silly s*d !!

Hi Tina, just want to add my sympathy and a warm hug.

Guess you sufered a lot of soft flesh bruising. It is better coming out than going inwards.

And you`ve treated it with arnaca, so it will blacken more I think.

Rest up over the weekend.

luv Pollx

Awwww Tina - so sorry to hear of such a horrible experince. Take lots of care of yourself and feel better soon.

H x