Just wanted to say hi!

Hey, I’ve just signed up here after literal years of my nurse recommending it. Fashionably late I’m calling it.

Was diagnosed in 2015, so far I’ve been on Fingolimod, Plegridy, Tysabri, and now Cladribine. My wife says I’m trying to collect all the letters of the alphabet before I settle on a treatment.

It’s been a weird ride these last ten years but still trying to keep a PMA towards everything. When I first told my pal that I had MS, after finding out because of numbness down the full left side of my body and loss of vision in my left eye, he said “it’s because you’re all right… all right…”. The kind of attitude it’s worth having sometimes.

Anyway, I’m rambling, and don’t want it to be all doom and gloom. So, to break the ice, what’s a film you’d recommend for those days the fatigue kicks in and you don’t want to get off the couch?

Hi BeefP. Ive been on Avonex for around 18 years . Now approaching my 70th birthday i too try to keep a PMA and not become a case of Grumpy Old Man! What films? Thats not straight forward and depends on my mood. Found myself watching old Clint Eastwood films recently - mainly because they were films i remember from my young days. My all time favourite films are a bit of a mix: Dr Zhivago, the original Far from rhe Madding Crowd, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Withnail and I, Apocalypse Now, The Thin Red Line ( the one by T Malik set in World War 2 Pacific), The Outlaw Josey Wales, and others - depends on my mood. I will go for romantics, spy stuff all sorts.

1 Like

Wotcha, when I told one of my colleagues his response was “I just thought you were a clumsy git” which lightened the mood. As for movies I might be an old duffer but I love uplifting cartoons like finding Nemo.
Failing that I watch 1980s motorcycle grand prix with smelly 2 strokes
Each to their own.
All the best
Mick

an eclectic mix. nice

Just realised I forgot what I think was the best : Blade Runner ( first one). Amazing for its time and still brilliant. How did I miss that off my list?

Actually and to be totally honest, if I am feeling particularly whacked the day after Avonex injection or from fatigue then if anything it tends to be totally undemanding, quiet, predictable stuff on TV - Poirot, Heart Beat, Repair Shop and the like. Just stuff to pass the time until I feel more energetic.

Skilful game of DMD bingo there; a couple more calls and you’ll have a full house.

I am sorry Tysabri didn’t suit and hope that Cladibrine does the trick for you.

Oh and ‘The Ladykillers’ is good for a day when non-soppy up-cheering is required. Or ‘Derry Girls’ on C4 - ditto. if you don’t come from there, you’ll need the subtitles. :grinning:

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re keeping the PMA too! It can be hard on the worst days, but what’s for you won’t go by you.

What a list of films! Doctor Zhivago, Apocalypse Now, and Withnail & I have got to be up there with the all-time greats. Haven’t seen Far From The Madding Crowd, so will swiftly add it to my ever-growing fatigue watchlist. Thank you! Hope you’re keeping well :blush:

1 Like

I do recommend The Thin Red Line. Set in the Pacific war but it’s not really a war film so much as The Thin line between life/death, sanity/madness, happiness/ sorrow etc. Plus it has some incredible cinematography, scenes and good acting.

Derry Girls - brilliant!

1 Like

If you wan a poignant giggle with great scenery there is a brilliant movie with great cast called “what we did on our holiday “
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_We_Did_on_Our_Holiday

Very very funny
Mick

Dr zhivago and apocalypse now, that is a broad spectrum. Great choices though