Just joined

Ellie

keep trying to reply but comes up error each time, very frustrating

Hi Didds, I have recently joined too. I hope you are feeling ok and my only advice would be is to try and live in the moment when waiting for results. I kept myself busy and tried to stay positve. I did things that made me happy and watched loads of comedys. I hope your results are good and all your symptoms get better. Auds 6

Hi Auds6

Thank you for your reply and good wishes. I hope you’re feeling well today too.

I have an awful lot of twitching today, not sure that is a symptom but distracting and annoying all the same.

I keep myself occupied; walk the dog, make novelty cakes and watch a lot of comedy!!!

Did you have to wait long for a diagnosis?

Didds x

Hey!

well it working again!!! Hope you’re feeling well today. In answer yeah, I’m an RGN and have been for 25 years!!! That makes me feel old!!!

I saw the thread on grammar too!! I hope the grammar police aren’t watching!!

1 Like

Hi Didds,

Yes, I did have to wait a while for my diagnosis. My first symptom was visual disturbance in one eye. I was told I was experiencing an optical migraine. I accepted that was the case until I began to feel dizzy, kind of a feeling like I was in slow motion. These symptoms went away and I was happy and never had anything for ages. Then I began to see visual disturbances again but worse. I went to the doctor several times and then I got sent for an MRI scan. My neurologist couldn’t confirm I had MS from my MRI so I had to have a lumbar puncture test. I was supposed to get my results from the lumbar puncture 6 weeks later. When an appointment came through to see my neurologist it was dated for 7 months after the procedure. So I waited that extra time, I thought I might be ok as the appointment was for a later date. My appointment time turned out to be an admin error and I should have gone in at 7 weeks after not 7 months. At least I had my diagnoses now. I always check appointment dates just in case. I am doing fine just now, hope you are feeling better. Auds 6 x

Hi Auds 6!

Thank you for sharing that on this thread. It helps me when I hear other’s stories; I suppose it’s a way of me trying to make sense of what is happening to my body. I don’t know if anyone else felt this way before they had a diagnosis but I feel like I must be imagining my symptoms. I mean I know I’m not but surely I am??? It doesn’t make any sense now I’ve written it down! I’ve always been a level headed person, I’ve never been a hypochondriac but I almost feel like I’m turning into one!!!

Anyway, mine all started with pins and needles in my feet (about 2 years ago). More noticeable at rest. Then I had a week of blurred/double vision. ( more noticeable when tired) Then 2 weeks of feeling like I was on a boat. Sharp pain right side of face/ear/toothache (couldn’t work out which) which only lasted 2 days tg. Since then tingles, creeping, pins and needle in different parts. The odd feeling of being off balance/ not quite there(dreamlike).

anyway, made a cake like wrestling ring for an 8 yr old today so that was fun. Took my daughter and her Pug for a walk, a good day!

wishing all today a good one!

Didds x

Hi Didds,

Welcome! This is really such a great place to get other perspectives and feel like you’re not alone through all this :slight_smile:

Saw you mention your random itching, this happens to me too and one day it got so bad I had to call 111 and try and get something to stop the itching. They did get a prescription to me for strong allergy tablets which actually really did help.

Now my itching has never got that bad but sometimes it does come up and feels quite hot and the way I have found to subside it is to just take a normal anti-allergy tablet, don’t know if it could help you but maybe give it a go?

All the best, Sophia xx

Hi Sophie

thank you for your comment and suggestion! The itching has subsided for now, phew!, but will try your remedy if/when it returns! My feet are burning hot and aching like mad tonight! I’m just about the go and cool them down!

Hope you are well tonight

take care

Didds x