Just diagnosed and scared

Dear Beccaboo35, I am sorry that you are in a worrisome place too. It is such a long time since I wrote my first comment. I was diagnosed by a private neurologist in June but I am still waiting for the NHS to truly confirm what I absolutely know already. One NHS neurologist confirmed MS by comparing two MRIs that he suspected MS, but he has since left the hospital. I have recently undergone a lumbar puncture (it leaked?!), I am waiting six weeks for an appointment with a new neurologist but he is not in the country yet. Arrrrrgh… I think that we (people with MS) are on a journey which of course, we didn’t expect and I guess that it takes time to adjust to. I hang on to the knowledge that it could have been much worse. I know that we have to learn to live with uncertainty for sure, but there have been some positives in the last six months and I pray that there will be for you too. I think that following the Overcoming MS plan by George Jenilik, has given me some control. Of course it may or may not be doing any good but I have dropped two dress sizes! My husband and family are better. We never take anything, especially each other, for granted. I am grabbing at any happiness that comes my way and have seen more theatre in the last six months than ever before. I absolutely shower my children with more love and watch them with real patience and wonder. But Beccaboo35, see another doctor. Depression is part of MS and demand that they take you seriously. It is such a lot to take on board and I swing from living every moment to staring sadly into the unknown. I guess that this is normal and I do find this forum a help. Kindest and warmest wishes Ali