I am starting BG-12 (Tecfidera) this week

I would be very interested. Good luck with it. Has it been endorsed by NICE yet? :slight_smile: x

I don’t think so but then I am not in the UK. I am in Australia and it was approved by our Therapeutic Drugs Administration at the beginning of October. But it isn’t available yet on our version of the National Health. A few of us have been selected to go on a Product Familiarisation Programme where the drug company supplies the drug to us free of charge. The neuros can only select a handful of patients from each clinic and those of us who were on Cladribine were promised to be the first cabs off the rank as there is nothing else we can take now.

To the best of my knowledge you guys are still waiting on approval from the EU and then of course to get it through NICE. So I have no idea what the time frame will be for you… Hopefully not too long

B

Hi Belinda!

We have spoken to eachother before about BG12 and as you might remember - i am interested in this myself.

I would be really grateful if you would keep us all updated.

I went to see my neuro in June this year (was a really terrible appointment)…but i asked him if i would be able to change from the injections to the new oral BG12 when it became available and…he said definately not! I asked him why and he replied “your ms is not bad enough and it will be too expensive for you to get it!”

I wish you all the luck in the world with this and i really hope that after all the problems you have had with the dmd’s that BG12 is the right dmd for you.

Best wishes

Teresa. xxx

Thanks Teresa. At $55,000US for a year I can see your neuro’s point of view about the expense

I hope NICE approves it for you lot on the National Health. It seems ridiculous to not allow people access to more effective medicines when they become available

Hopefully the older injectables will become a thing of the past soon and everybody will go straight onto the new, more effective orals in the near future. But maybe I am dreaming of Utopia

B