How do you go on?

As a wife of someone with MS who I know feels like you do sometimes, I want to reassure you that I dont feel like my life is ruined. I love my husband, MS is crap but we are both united in that feeling, would I change it for him in a heartbeat if I could - absolutely - but it does not change how I feel about him. We are in this together and we will handle it the best we can, together.

4 Likes

Nice reply Aveeno!

I am the opposite as in the husband of a woman with Ms!(who spent months telling me i should leave her) Its changed things massively but certainly hasn’t ruined my life either.But i don’t mean to be annoyingly over positive i absolutely hate it and what its done to her. I think we have both got a bit more used to it now and whilst i get frustrated to see her struggle so much i find it easier now she has stopped constantly saying she is fine and admits how bad it is to me.Her getting a scooter means we can at least get out and about a bit more together when she feels up to it.

I have seen several peeps on here say that their husbands struggle because they cant “fix” it and i would agree with that.Something practical like get her a mobility scooter,build a shed to keep it in,swap car to an auto so she might manage to drive again,few mods to the bathroom to make it easier,even sitting up all night preparing for her Esa tribunal fight against DWP etc i feel good at the time,but i get frustrated that with the best will in the world i cant actually do anything really to make her any better at all.

But my life ruined definitely not!

Ollie

3 Likes