Hi I am newbie

Hi I am 39, I have recently had another symptom and upon talking to my MS Nurse she confirmed that I do. Bit of a bombshell to be honest.
It all started in 2019 when I developed Optic Neuritis (this took almost 7 months to diagnose after going through departments at hospital). In the summer of 2019 I developed dizzy spells (unpredictable and felt like I was drunk ). Then last year my neurologist says Mild onset MS. It felt so vague, do I, don’t I, uncertainty. Annual MRI’s and a lumber puncture. Just recently I have developed Lhermitte’s sign, such a weird sensation.
I guess what I am getting at is that I know I am not alone and I know we all develop different signs and symptoms, to varied levels of intensity. I am eager to find a local support group to meet up and just have a chat and to make new friends. Take care everyone and thanks for reading x

Look on the main MS Society web site - there should be a local group for your area.

1 Like

Hi there white rose
I’m fairly new to this myself and when I looked for groups in my area I was sad to see they had given them up due to poor attendance
Anyway this site has valuable information and everyone shares the good and the bad on symptoms, treatments and I’ve seen a difference in services offered depending on where you are living ,
I’m learning to live with some of my symptoms after a relapse that lasted months rather than weeks
The fatigue for me is bad and back pain at end of a day when I’ve not been doing a great deal ( in comparison to what I did do on a daily basis) I’m a mental health nurse so I preach about exercise and connecting with people to stay well
If you can’t go for a walk , go in a car and have a drive out , but a coffee or take one with you and find a place to gaze upon

If you get visitors great , let them do a bit for you whilst visiting , the tasks that seem daunting , everyone loves to help if you let them
But don’t let them do the stuff you can do - that’s just cheeky Lolol

Laugh :joy: it’s a tonic in itself
Hope you find info that’s useful and drop a message on how things are going for you

Chow -
M