Hello New Diagnosis

Hi apologies in advance super long rant/spiel coming!

I have chronic fatigue syndrome, I have had it for very many years but I’ve managed and I’ve been good with it and I’ve been good with managing it up until my ankle got broken last year and then, I’ve got Covid in January, I was diagnosed with long Covid shortly after, my brain has not been right, some people around me make me feel so stupid, that I know I am not right. My brain is not what it was. I was a member of Mensa, a PHD & a high powered job, shortlist on the 40 under 40! I know I am not, or was stupid. I am tired of people asking what is wrong with me. as a result of all this and a GREAT Doctor at my GP after Several CT’s, MRI’s Lots of bloods taken, and Lumbar puncture my neurologist has informed me that I most defiantly have Multiple sclerosis. He thinks the Fact that I had CFS and the really bad Covid I had in Feb this year that rendered me very ill for almost 4 weeks, As I volunteer with St John Ambulance I was at the time 4x Vaxed ( I am now 5x) and I get the Flu shot. I don’t know what type I have.
I do not know what support in SE1 London I will get, or anything, my dr cant do anything till the report from 28 Sept when I was told is given although it shows on the NHS app and the GP app.

I was a marathon runner, cyclist, swimmer, and did 2 sprint Tri’s but have not been able to do anything since 2.22.22
(ironic the date and my Covid getting and the start of my downward )

I really don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to tell people, should I tell people? I am unemployed, have the limited capacity to work and get UC, my partner is a nurse so 2 people on a meagre salary is awful. I cant do what i was I have a BA, MA, & PHD I was Head of Operations in a few places before redundancy with covid in 2020. I know NO WAY i could physically or mentally do that again. I am looking for work, do I disclose? I can and only want PT work.
I nap almost as much as my cat ATM.
Sincere Apologies again for this super long rant/spiel but I am just going crazy. ANYTHING would be appreciated

1 Like

Goodness, what an awful time you’ve been having. I am sorry that you are dealing with such a range of problems affecting so fundamentally everything in your life and how you conduct yourself in the world. That is very tough, and many of us will very much understand where you’re coming from, I wish things were a little easier.

2 Likes

Nicely put Alison, I am so pleased to find people can eloquently put into clear words and sentences the jumble of thoughts in my washing machine of a brain. :grimacing:

2 Likes