HEAT, FATIGUE

HI AS WITH MANY OTHER PEOPLE SUFFERING WITH MS I SUFFER WITH FATIGUE, ITS WITH ME EVERY DAY AND HITS ITS PEAKS. ARTIFICIAL HEAT MAKES IT TEN TIMES WORSE, FIRE , CENTRAL HEATING. COMPUTERS ETC. I HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND AS YOU CAN IMAGINE IT WAS RED HOT, BUT I HAD NEVER FEALT SO WELL THE HEAT DIDN’T BOTHER ME AT ALL i MANAGED TO PARTY TILL LATE WITHOUT A NAP. AS SOON AS I GOT BACK HOME MR FATIGUE CAME BACK WITH AVENGANCE BUT IM STRUGGLING TO SLEETP BECAUSE IVE COME OUT IN BIG RAISED ITCHY RED BLOTCHES JUST LIKE THE INJECTION SITES. WOULDNT IT BE NICE IT THE DOCTOR COULD GIVE US A PRESCRIPTION FOR A MONTH IN THE SUN OR SOME WHERE COOL FOR THOSE WHO SUFFER IN THE SUN :wink: WENDY

Haha…we will have to lobby parliament about the script in the sun…what a great idea. Do you ever find that by having your lap top on your knee it creates a heat that can make the tops of your legs, tummy and other areas the heat might reach to flare up up and come out in a rash as well as making you tired?. I have to be very careful about this as it has created almost burn like scars on my tummy. Not to mention having to sleep off the effects. xx Maria

chinny wrote:

Haha…we will have to lobby parliament about the script in the sun…what a great idea. Do you ever find that by having your lap top on your knee it creates a heat that can make the tops of your legs, tummy and other areas the heat might reach to flare up up and come out in a rash as well as making you tired?. :o :o I have to be very careful about this as it has created almost burn like scars on my tummy. Not to mention having to sleep off the effects. xx Maria

You shouldn’t have your laptop on your lap… I got one of these a couple of years ago… http://tinyurl.com/63bnuxz expensive for what they are but really handy and they bear the heat and weight of the laptop, not you. V

chinny wrote:

Haha…we will have to lobby parliament about the script in the sun…what a great idea. Do you ever find that by having your lap top on your knee it creates a heat that can make the tops of your legs, tummy and other areas the heat might reach to flare up up and come out in a rash as well as making you tired?. I have to be very careful about this as it has created almost burn like scars on my tummy. Not to mention having to sleep off the effects. xx Maria

I have to put the electric fan on at the same time to cool me down WendyX

Hi Wendy I am glad that I have found someone else with the same sort of problems as my own(not meaning it in a nasty way) I get some strange looks when I tell work collegues how artificial heat affects me but not the sun i to came back from a holiday in the sun Cyprus in August tempreture was aroung 36deg I can now show them your post and hopefully the strange looks might tail off a bit and the heating turned down fingers crossed Mark

I’m the same.Hot dry sunny heat makes me feel so much better but artifical heat makes me feel really ill. Just got back from 11 days in Turkey it was 51c the first week,I just felt better and better and the relapse I’ve had since November has finally gone. Yeah we should lobby the government to give us at least 4 weeks in the sun every year,cheaper than the DMDs that’s for sure,xxjo

Hi, I find that I’m very sensitive to heat, hot drinks, hot meals, anything that gets me nice and warm. Even laying in bed. I daren’t wear jumpers or cardigans and even t-shirts cause me to overheat. Most of the time I wear sleeveless tops. When I start to shivver I’ll put something a bit thicker on, but I have to remember to take it off and cool down again otherwise I’m rendered useless. I’ve lost a lot of weight over the last few years and I’m sure there’s a connection. Heather

Does anyone know about travel to the Dominican Republic? What jabs do we need and have they affected you badly?! I’m seeing if it’s safe for a sufferer to go?! Xxx

that is fascinating, as any heat, here or abroad affects me, but what totally wipes me out super fast is heat and humidity.

M