Headaches for last 4 weeks

I’ve had headaches for 4 weeks and dizzy sometimes also get palpitations in right arm. Feeling really down and crying a lot. I am still waiting on Neuro appointment to start treatment and honestly just feeling lost and totally overwhelmed. Does anyone else get terrible headaches? What helps?
I have my GP Monday morning.

Morning Jax
I don’t really suffer from headaches but do get dizzy periods.
I hope you get your appointment really soon and things are put in place for you.
Take care
Maryx

1 Like

Thank you I have My Gp in the morning xx

No practical help, but headache appears to be a fairly common problem in MS. Hopefully, your GP will come up with a decent solution.

MS & headache: another elephant in the room (substack.com)

1 Like

Thank you that’s very interesting I am only newly diagnosed so still waiting to actually see my Neurologist which can take 4-6 month in Scotland I did see his understudy at start. I have my family Gp tomorrow…thanks so much

1 Like

So my Dr thinks these headaches may be tension/stress headaches suggested putting my dose of Paroxetine up. I am willing to try anything and have also signed up to councilling

I tend to think that everyone with MS should be offered counselling.

MS brings so much uncertainty, fear and anxiety. It’s an awful lot for anyone to deal with…

I’m currently taking some counselling sessions - and it does help. Being able to talk out loud all my fears etc, etc does make a difference to me - along with helping to ready myself in case my worse fears come to be. I also find myself reflecting on my life

P.S I also listen to Relaxation CDs which are very useful

Years (many) ago I went on a Tai Chi and meditation/relaxation week on Holy Island ( just off Arran) and got the CD from the week leader- a Sue Weston who has her own website - Relaxing the Mind , where you can find some relaxation CDs / memory sticks. There are hundreds of other places as well.

Thank you so much yeah I am feeling very overwhelmed and just waiting which feels like forever to get to see my Neurologist and MS Nurse. I don’t stay far from Arran it’s lovely there so peaceful and relaxing. I feel guilty that I’m off work and not earning my usual salary also. It is not easy but so glad to have all you guys here.

I’m in Renfrewshire- a few miles from Paisley. My wife and I are off to Lochranza for a few days later this year.

I was diagnosed around 17 years ago - still mobile but I have problems walking or being particularly active (e.g digging the garden) for more than say 15 - 30 minutes ( the time varies but my right leg just ‘stops working and I lose energy). Happy to answer any questions you might have about my experience of MS and how I’ve dealt with it .

I found the website and book ‘Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis’ very helpful. The title is perhaps a bit misleading I.e it doesn’t to actually show how to ‘ overcome’ MS but in addition to taking what ever treatments you are prescribed it suggests other ways in which it might be possible to lessen the effects: diet, exercise, Vitamin D ( by sunbathing or supplements) and meditation/ relaxation ( in general, stress is not good for MS folk). In general I follow the recommendations on diet - limit saturated fats and increase unsaturated. If nothing else, following the various recommendations will at least help maintain good health!

Small world I’m in Port Glasgow. Hope you both have a lovely break away.

I had optical neuritis 15.5 years ago so it was always on the cards but to be honest I thought I’d been lucky. I really appreciate you reaching out it helps to chat to someone who gets it. I’m 48 just diagnosed end of May and still waiting to see the top Neurologist I seen his registrar. As it stands looking around December time for my appointment and another MRI then treatment. I reached out to Ms Revive and they have been amazing. I did meditation last night and had a great sleep. I do strength training and trying to stick to it as best I can. Today is the best I have fealt in weeks and gym always helps clear my head. Thanks again :grin:

Hi Jax. I started going to MS Revive a couple of months ago for the physio/ exercise sessions and found them useful. Unfortunately, I’ve had to stop going for a while - I rely on my wife for transport and a couple of weeks ago she broke her shoulder - very painful and no driving for 6 or more weeks.

That’s a shame hope she’s on the mend and you can get back soon. They offered the councilling and going once a month for massage. Just a great place for us and carers. I used to take a service users there when I did care work.