HEAD PROBLEMS

Morning everyone, hope you’re all doing ok, just wondered for those who might have the same problem, the funny head symptom, feeling wobbly inside, if I’m not careful my balance is a problem, like I’ve had too much to drink, not a headache but just a feeling of having a thick head, along with this sometimes I get a tight feeling in my chest chest which can make breathing difficult, can’t take a full breath, GP has check out everythig, all have come back normal, don’t really get pain with this, just the tight feeling, but it’s more my head, stops me driving, so house bound, any advice, take care, Jean x

Hello Jean, oh this is awful I`m really sorry to hear how this is affecting you. Plus being housebound is really bad.

I often have a fuzzy head too. Think it must be a combination of pills, anxiety, fatigue and one or tow other things thrown in for good measure, eh?

As your GP has given you a check up, at least you know it`s not your ticker hun.

luv Pollx

Hi Jean, yes I get the head problems too… fuzzy head, drunk feeling or feeling like on drugs, sort of sea-sick feeling. horrid. Agree with Poll. Combination of fatigue etc. Rest helps love and also fresh air. I know you are housebound and so sorry to hear that, but even sitting by open window might help.

The tightness in your chest could well be MS ‘hug’… aka banding. I unfortunately suffer with it a lot. I have copied and pasted my ‘hug tips’ below for you.

It’s a spasm of the small muscles between the ribs. Here are some tips that might help:

· Much worse in heat

· Much worse when fatigued or stressed

· Don’t wear a bra (it irritates the muscles)

· Don’t wear tight clothing… the looser the better (this inc knickers… take em off!)

· Avoid large meals… little and often is better

· Lie down in/on bed if you can… and lying completely flat often helps

· Take 2 Paracetamol… if you are not on other pain med’s

· Try controlling your breathing… deep in through the nose and slowly blow out of mouth… and try and relax whole body while doing it

· Stay as cool as you can but don’t have cold shower… luke warm is better

· Rest, rest, rest and then get some more rest (if at all possible)

· Gently rub the affected area. It might feel like it’s bruised… don’t worry, that’s norma

Hope this helps a bit hon.

Pat x

Oh thank you ladies, I’ll take on board what you’ve said Pat, I am walking up and down the garden when I can for the fresh air, and also a little exercise, seem to have been resting for ever, thanks again, Luv Jean x

Hi Jean

Sorry to hear what you are going through, the fuzzy head is really awful. I have it too, does it come and go? I have been told it’s better after rest but that doesn’t seem to make a difference. It can sometimes feel a bit better, don’t know why!!! I agree with Pat about MS hug, first ones really frightened me, and the pain wow.

Love

Yvonne x

I can’t really say it goes completely because it doesn’t, sometimes it just feels a little better, it does get worse the more tired I became, with the tightness in the chest I don’t always get the pain, just this very tight feeling like someone got hold of me right in the middle of my chest and it stopping me taking a full breath, thanks again, Jean x

Hi Jean

Yes, I also get the fuzzy head feeling. like it’s made up of cotton wool (perhaps

it is, lol) and it is worse when I am tired or anxious, and I agree with you it’s always

there. some days are better than others.

Rest as much as you can, take care

Pam x

thanks Pam, yes cotton wool, had too much to drink, all those kinds of feelings, horrible with everything else we have to contend with, oh the joys of this condition, take care, Jean x

Hi Jean

Yes, I also get the fuzzy head feeling. like it’s made up of cotton wool (perhaps

it is, lol) and it is worse when I am tired or anxious, and I agree with you it’s always

there. some days are better than others.

Rest as much as you can, take care

Pam x

[/quote]