Grieving for loss of good health

Hi,

I’ve been asked to write an article for a friend in Australia who is setting up a website on grief and bereavement.

She wants me to write about the grief we can experience when we lose our good health. It’s supposed to be supportive for those people new to the situation.

I’m fairly upbeat about things and my worst time was pre-diagnosis when I didn’t know what was going on. I was diagnosed in about 5 months with PPMS and by that time I knew what I expected the neurologist to say.

If anyone has any pearls of wisdom or thoughts regarding what you would want to read if new to the situation then please let me know.

I’ve put this on the other forums to try and get lots of points of view

Many thanks,

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

I have little ‘true grit’ moments every day, ‘I can do this’ AND especially for this forum ‘together whatever’. I talk within myself, pep talk? What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger, I’m reading this and thinking what a load of s…t. Learn as much as you can about the disease AND good luck.

Hi,

I eventually got round to writing my article. I ended up writing it by telling my story. I included some of the words I have read on here - hope people don’t mind!

If you want to have a read you can find it at:

http://www.griefandsympathy.com/copingwithchronicillness.html

(I’m not sure if the link went in properly - hope it did!)

Sarah x

Hi Sarah What a great article. You put into words a lot of what I think and feel. I really identified with what you were talking about. Thanks, Teresa xx

Hi Sarah

Great article and so true. The quote I particularly liked was the

one from Mother Theresa…"we are not given anything that we

can’t handle"…I am going to take that thought with me, thanks.

Pam x

Hi Sarah, brilliant article! Well done. So hard to get all the feelings and info over in limited amount of words, but you have done it!

Have shared on Twitter where I have MS followers.

Thanks,

Pat x