Good news?

Hey guys,

Had my appointment today at the Walton centre with a neurologist. I THINK it’s good news but wanted to get some opinions on it.

Doctor tested my strength, reflexes, feeling, eye movements (had an eye test few days ago and they were completely healthy) etc. He didn’t seem concerned, he went and spoke to the consultant who then came and did the same kinda tests - again not concerned.

He said he wants to do an MRI (annoyingly can’t be today, gotta go back in a few days) just to rule things out. These were his words “do I think you have ms? No I don’t. I’m expecting you to go into the scan and come out with normal results. I’m doing ordering this scan simply because it’s something we have available so I can be certain however if you had to pay for the scan I’d be telling you to save your money”.

He thinks my tremor is completely benign and the tingling could be FND due to trauma - I opened up about my past dru/g use but he says there’s no reason for him to think that would contribute to ms.

Neither the doctor or consultant seemed at all concerned and they were very thorough , I wanna feel happy and like a terrifying weight has been lifted but I’m scared I’ll get my hopes up and then the scan show something :pensive:

What’re your guys thoughts on this?

Thanks xx

Its very difficult to know.

All my reflexes are normal and everything else is normal.

But MRI of the brain showed a lesion. It was in the area that would cause numbness to the face.
Which is what I have.

deb

See I paid to see a private Walton neuro because I’ve been waiting forever (22 weeks ) he said he wasn’t concerned as my eye movements and reflex’s were ok - (I’m not convinced ) had they checked my reflexes in December when I went for my scan I was very different - my scan showed lesions on the frontal lobe and in my brain stem (I think it is ) he said that could be a dodgy machine :joy: hopefully he is right however late last year I couldn’t lift my right leg over a gate kept falling over and other things - I have a repeat scan on the 5th July at Walton so we will see xx. I hope your scan is clear x I do have positive rhombergs though I fall over to the right with my eyes closed xx

Hey xx

See I don’t have any balance or walking or strength issues or anything like that, it’s literally just from time to time my left arm feels a bit burny and tingle but only ever so slightly. Sometimes the tips of my ring and pinky finger on that side feel a bit numb but idk if it’s a psychological thing :pensive: because when I’m not thinking about it I don’t notice it at all.

Just so so frustrating the waiting and not knowing isn’t it, hope you get the answers you need soon xx

1 Like

Can I ask, is your numbness consistent and properly numb as in you can’t feel any sensation or is it more tingly and comes and goes?

Reason I ask is my left arm isn’t numb as such just tingles and burns slightly and it can come and go depending on tbh how much I’m thinking about it

Thanks x

Its not really numb. When they did the pin test I can still feel it the same has the other side.

Hard to say what it feels like.

Like i have water under the skin but its not swollen. It involves forehead eye and nose. Does not tingle or burn. Does not goes away but the area seems to get bigger and smaller, sometimes it goes to lip.

I think most of us who do have MS (and I hope that does not include you) have wondered however briefly what (if anything) we did to bring it on. Pointless to wonder. I dare say most of us have done things that were not exactly what the doctor ordered in our misspent youth, but being misspent (or entertainingly spent) is one of the things that youth is for, so there’s no point in trying to wrench our past into a shape that fits some new narrative that we could never have foreseen.

Your docs sound very sensible.

1 Like