Gilenya

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone here was on Gilenya but would consider their MS mild? I have been offered it after being taken off Rebif as side effects did not ease off for me but my MS is quite mild. Unsure what to do.

M

Hi.I consider myself to have mild MS and am on Gilenya.I’ve been taking it since September 2011.I’m doing well.I’ve had a few new symptoms but they weren’t classed as relapses.

I don’t live in Britain but have read Gilenya is only prescribed in Britain for someone with highly active MS and who hasn’t responded to other treatments.

I have got active MS,but I don’t think it’s highy active and it seems stable now.You wouldn’t know I had MS to look at me.

If you have any questions,please don’t hesitate.Honestly,if you’ve been offered it,I would go for it.

Hope this helps.Take care,Brenda x

Hi, I don’t live in the UK either. My MS is mild. I was prescribed Gilenya in March 2011 after I had a slight relapse. I had developed neutralizing antibodies to Rebif after being on it for 10 years. I’ve never had any side effects to the Gilenya. I love not having to inject myself. I had an MRI last March–no changes. If you switch, I hope you do well. Liz

Hi

I don’t live in the UK either and my MS is also mild.

I have been taking Gilenya for about 15 months, I have had no relapses or progression.

I had some chest pains when I started but no other side effects.

Thanks everyone for your responses, they were very reassuring! I don’t live in the UK either, I’m in Ireland. Hard to get much information over here though. Trying to find an information talk about it or something with no joy.

Glad to hear it’s going so well for the three of you x

Have a look here:

www.gilenya.com

Hope it answers your questions-I haven’t really looked at this site much myself tbh.

Brenda x

That is brilliant, thanks a million Brenda!