First dmd injection?

PS The nurse had a couch in her room so I’m sure if you needed a lie down afterwards that could be arranged

Tracey x

My Avonex nurse back in 2000 was a star turn. She sat down in my front room with an orange in one hand and a ‘Failure is not an Option’ glint in her eye and she had me injecting the orange one minute and myself the next. I asked her if she had ever had a refusal and she said no, she hadn’t. I had no difficulty believing her.

Good luck with it all. The anticipation is worse than the reality with these things. It will soon be part of your normal routine and no dramz at all.

Alison

x

Don’t worry about the timings Lisa. The only thing that they stipulate is that the injections should be at least 48 hours apart. If you do your first injection in the morning, say at 10am, you can do your second injection anytime after 10am two days later which means you can do it at bedtime if you want.

It’s very flexible.

It’s also dead easy with the Rebismart - you don’t even see the needle (and often don’t feel it either).

Karen x

Hiya.

Please try not to worry too much about the needle. You might just find that you’re concentrating on getting the technique right to worry about it and then once it’s done, you’ll be suprised at how easy it all was. And as Rizzo says, the Rebismart makes things even easier as you don’t even see the needle (I wish they had that when I was on it).

As for the side effects, again worrying about them now isn’t going to make any difference. When I was on Rebif I started straight on the full dose of Rebif 44 and didn’t get any side effects that I noticed. I did the first one at hospital then the next one an hour before bed at home and was fine with it.

You won’t know until you start so just try you best to stay calm and relaxed. Your MS nurse won’t rush you and will try to make sure you are at ease with it before you press the button (or whatever it is on the Rebismart).

Sue

x

Thanks everyone, I’m sure I will be okay…well at the end of the day I have no choice…it’s either that or risk relapse and further damage which I really don’t want. I’ve got a while, provisional date is 20th may, I just hope it is on that day now and not delayed any. X