Finally got dx not good news

hi robert

i was referred to physio and occ therapy but that was 6 years ago.

there isnt enough funding for these things to continue.

however i attend the ms therapy centre in manchester - 20 miles from where i live.

i have seen a fabulous neurological physio there.

there is a wide range of therapies including HBOT (hyperbarric oxygen therapy).

i can’t recommend the place enough.

see if there is one near you.

carole x

Hi Carole,

The revive ms therapy centre in glasgow has everything I need including hyperbarric oxygen therapy. They have 2 chambers for that and I can get access to that if I need but I can’t fit it into my week at the moment.

Thanks for the info Carole,

Robert, sorry to hear of your diagnosis… Sounds like you’re switched on and prepared to tackle PPMS, best wishes on your journey.

[quote=“QoS”] Robert, sorry to hear of your diagnosis… Sounds like you’re switched on and prepared to tackle PPMS, best wishes on your journey. [/quote] Thanks Qos,

Yes your right I am more switched on than I was when I was diagnosed. Since then I have decided that I have got this disease and there is nothing I can do to stop the progression. But I will fight it by guts and determination to prevent me deteriorating and being confined to a wheelchair.

So I spoke to someone on the ms society helpline who sent me all the booklets and leaflets on ppms which I read.

I then searched online for ms support in my area ms society is to far away to travel, all other support is in Glasgow and the best one I could find was revive ms support.

So now I am in a much happier place than before and I urge anyone who is just diagnosed who is in limbo and thinks the world is over. Take a step back call the ms society helpline, get all the booklets you require and everything will become clearer for you to.

Robert.