Feel Alone - Help and Support

Hi All

Have been feeling so down lately and very alone feel family just do not understand. I was wondering if anyone knows of any suport groups in the Renffrewshire area I live in a village called houston near Johnstone and feel I will love to talk to others who understand.

Jan

Hi Jan…

Sorry I don’t know about support groups…but I’m sure someone will come along soon and give you more info.

Just wanted to say that you’re not the only one that feels alone. I too feel alone…yes I have family and friends…but I don’t think anyone really understands what I’m feeling or going through. Sometimes I feel like I’m going mad. My family tend to ‘liken’ my symptoms to things they have wrong with them…and sometimes I don’t even tell them what I’m feeling as I feel they really don’t want to keep hearing it all the time…so I keep it to myself.

Good luck with sorting out the support group.

Hi Jan.

Sorry you’re having a bad time again

I used to live in that neck of the woods, but am now in London so don’t really know anything about support groups in the area. Have you looked for your local MSS branch? I have a couple of friends up there with MS who might know more. I’ll send them an email - if they know anything, I’ll (or they’ll) let you know.

Karen x

Hi Jan

Sorry to hear you’re feeling really low. It’s so hard when others can’t understand us or how we feel. I guess most of us on here have felt low for that reason too.

Do come on here when you feel like that. You know we all understand, not only the physical symptoms which don’t go away, but also the emotional battles with it all. If you want to ‘let the frustration out’, then please do post - we care and can offer support.

If you can’t find a support group in your area, you could always phone the MS Helpline. I did that once, and they were lovely to talk to. They’re also able to look up to see if there’s a support group where you live - they have a list of all of them.

Do hope you get the help you need. Let us know how you get on. Take care.

Bren x

Hi Jan

Theres regular meetings in Edinburgh and very irregular ones in Glasgow (both unofficial and just some of us getting to gether for blether and food)

Couple of dates are already arranged for Edinburgh-none for Glasgow as yet-but I can let u know more info if you are interested?

Ellie x

Hi, glad to see Ellie has offered you the info you need.

it is so sad that we have to spend our lives feeling alone, yet we are surrounded by folk.

Been there and sometimes still am, despite my outward cheery disposition.

luv Pollx