Faecal incontinence or not?

I was watching a short film on another MS forum with a guy who spoke about how he had wet himself and didn’t even realise it was happening.
I had a similar experience only mine was poop. Fortunately I was at home and so far it has only happened once but I wondered if it might be relevant.
So I was standing at the sink washing up and feeling quite cheerful and having a bit of a sing. I had no feeling whatsoever that I needed to go to the toilet. Suddenly, out of nowhere a poop arrived. It wasn’t large and it was quite firm so not a messy business. I immediately ran to the toilet and sat there seeing if I needed to go, but nothing else occurred.
There had been no warnings or signs.
I must say that this shook me up a bit. I am always worried that it’s going to happen again in public.
Anyone had a similar experience or have any advice on taking precautions.
I must add that I don’t know if I have MS or not as I am still awaiting my neurology appointment. I have many symptoms and my doctor is concerned enough to have referred me for a neurology appointment.
As this only happened once, about 5 months ago is it even worth mentioning.

Apricot60, yes it is worth mentioning - anything out of the ordinary is worth mentioning.

1 Like

Thank you for replying. It was rather out of the ordinary.
I have added it to my list