E S A BEING STOPPED

I had a DWP medical last year and was put on WRAG I appealed and lost

I am now waiting for a tribuial as I thing i should be in the support group.

Today I recieved a letter saying that my ESA will be stopped on 30/04/2012 unde the 365 day maximum.

any help/ advise out there

I have called the wellfare rights and they are saying this is the first one they have had

cheers

Murray

Hi

Sorry to hear that the Tribunal is taking so long. In my experience,you should have a date within 9 months of appealing so before the 365 day rule.

I would considering calling the Tribunal service. There should be a contact number of the information letter that you received with the DWP reasoning for the decision and medical report.

The may be able to tell you what stage the Tribunal is at.

At the moment around 40% of ESA Tribunal decisions are found in the claimants favour.

You may have to put in a claim for JSA until the tribunal is heard but I know very little about this. Tne DWP helpline may be able to help.

S4AR

If you are not already a member I highly recommend joining Benefits and Work who have excellent guides to ESA.

If you are not eligible for means tested ESA (because of savings, pensions or a working partner) your only recourse is to plug away at joining the support group. Has your condition worsened since your original application? If so you can ask for your case to be looked at again in light of that. You will need supporting medical evidence to make a successful bid.

I suspect that there will be a huge backlog of cases as thousands of people find out that their 12 months of contribution based ESA is coming to an end so don’t expect a timely conclusion.

Jane

thanks to both of you for taking the time toread my note help

my condition has indeed worsened and I cannot claim for the means tested ESA because of my wifes earnings

I think I will get back to wellfare rights as this is all just to much for me to take in

Its terrible how losing ESA is making me feel even more of a burden to my family

I will lose my feelings of worth and the ability to pay for my alternative treatments

thanks again

Murray

thanks to both of you for taking the time toread my note help

my condition has indeed worsened and I cannot claim for the means tested ESA because of my wifes earnings

I think I will get back to wellfare rights as this is all just to much for me to take in

Its terrible how losing ESA is making me feel even more of a burden to my family

I will lose my feelings of worth and the ability to pay for my alternative treatments

thanks again

Murray

Hi there,

I am in the same boat where the ESA I am getting, which I appealed against and won in October of last year, is also ending 30th April 2012.My wife works so I also cannot get means tested, or should I say there’s no point, as my wife work over 30 hrs a week and earns over 16k a year. I am fortunate to be getting Tysabri so I do not feel or need any other medication. I believe that without I would indeed end up in a wheelchair. I am told I will not be able to work many hours due to my condition - I have an aggressive for of relapsing remitting MS.I have asked for a letter to be written to me by my MS nurse and then I will attempt to get in to the support group which I know I deserve to be in.

I wish you all the luck.

I will post back once things develop in the hope others will benefit from it.

Thanks guys.

dvtrv

Basically there is nothing I can do it seems.

Thanks guys.

dvtrv

[/quote]