DMDS

Thanks Adrian…my thinking is yoga doesn’t have to be hard work really and I can do what I feel I can do and can soften the other moves if I want. Don’t know whether to go tonight or give it anther week. I’ve not been for four weeks and hate missing exercise for that long. Thanks again. Hope you get on okay with your rebif, keep us posted x

Hi charming welsh boy Now we’re going to be rebif newbies !!! Xx

Oh you are such a tease Mrs H but I do like it. We can have Rebif parties. :slight_smile:

I do a bit of yoga LisaLou. I meditate and as part of this I have done some yoga. I find it quite difficult as I am so unflexible. I should do more as I am sure it would help. I use this https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/mindfulness-meditations-mark/id429733506, I should do it every night but I don’t. I really like the second one and the third is a bit of yoga. It really relaxes me. Give it a try.

Good luck on Friday Mrs H. Are you doing the titration aswell?

Adrian x

Hi Adrain…but welshboy has so much more mysterious allure !! I don’t know about the titration…but to be honest, I didn’t ask. BTB it’s Thursday…lovely bloomin Valentines day !! But at least hubby has promised a lovely meal out afterwards…if I’m up to it. If not, he assures me there will be goodies at home waiting…and none of them are short, pointy, shocks !! Xx

Hi Lisa

You should be aware that the interferon drugs, rebif, copaxone etc reduce the number of relapses you have but they will not slow down the progression of your disease. There are drugs that both reduce relapse rate and progression (tysabri, gilenya I think) but tysabri at least can have serious side effects. The thing which your neuro may not tell you is that if you go on copaxone (and I think the other interferons) first, they make the serious side effects associated with tysabri more likely.

You can find out more by reading the drugs bit of the MSS website

s

Im confused because on the ms decisions site I’m sure it said the only one that didnt slow progression was copaxone…may be getting muddled. Xx

Hi - I inject in the morning, so that my Rebismart sits by my computer and it’s there in my line of sight.

I first started Rebif in 2000 - no titrating dose in those days, it was straight onto Rebif44.

I was waiting for the side-effects to start, but to my complete surprise, they didn’t and unfortunately there’s no way to tell how you’ll react to the beginners dose. You may just sail through it, you may have some shivers on 22 or 44 and you may feel like complete ****!

I haven’t progressed in that time. There was research released last week that proved that the reduction of relapses is really important. It’s easiest to keep up with the current research at the http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.co.uk/

The Profs often write their comments in laypersons language in italics at the bottom each report.

It makes sense that the fewer relapses you have, the better. Each relapse means weeks or even months of illness and it leaves a scar (the lesion) in your brain. MS is a very complex set of diseases - hence the different types, so that no DMDs work for PPMS, but work well for RRMS. The newer drugs (Tysabri etc) will work if your MS is aggressive and doesn’t respond to the older DMDs.

The encouraging thing, is that now, neuros are giving people more MRI scans to see if they are progressing or not. Back when I was diagnosed, you got your MRI to diagnose MS and that was that, you never knew what was happening in your brain over the years.

I was really encouraged when I moved to Spain and had a relapse and an MRI. It showed 4 more lesions than on diagnosis - I’d had 4 relapses in that time. It bodes well for the future.

I hope you get on as well as I have,

best wishes,

K

x

No not at all, I’m always out and about, I just do it when I come home, it takes two mins max. It just becomes part of life.

If I’m just home in the evening I do it when I put the kids to bed so its over and done with, but if I’m out I just do it when I go to bed. I do notice I get a little bit of muscle ache a few hours after I do it, so I don’t do it tooo early.

Hi Lisa

Here’s what the MSS website says about beta interferon and copaxone

"Clinical trials have shown the drugs reduce the number of relapses by around a third over two years (compared to what would be expected if no treatment was taken). They may also reduce the development of disability, although this benefit was found to be modest at best and some trials did not show any benefit.

There is no clear research evidence for long-term benefits.

Clinical trials have shown that there isn’t significant difference between these drugs in terms of effectiveness - that is, they’re all about as effective as each other."

I was surprised as well when I heard that there were drugs that reduced relapses without reducing the development of disability (disappointed too) but that’s the way it is.

from s

Thanks for all your advice. I feel if I can reduce the relapse rate at least that may reduce the disability too but it would be great if it halted progression. But this is the first relapse which has left me with a weaker leg…I don’t want another relapse to impact further. The sooner I gets to see the consultant the better especially as this happened only three months after the last one :frowning: Thanks again everyone and those that are keeping me posted about their DMDs please keep me posted. And thanks amylou for the information on how no make it fit into your life. X

Hi Lisa

that’s fine - I would just you should make sure you ask your neuro whether s/he thinks taking one of the interferon drugs will reduce accumulated disability, if that’s an important concern for you.