Compliance interview with DWP tomorrow.

PIP/DLA are not means tested. Any money you have, or inherit is ignored. It’s purely needs based.

Sue

2 Likes

A few weeks ago on channel 5 The Wright Stuff they discussed the benefit fraud hotline that was set up and it was stated that almost all reported cases of benefit fraud that had been reported were malicious and found untrue.

a few years ago there was a number of tv shows on the subject and all started with the phrase ‘acting on a tip off’ it seemed to me at the time the DWP have got naff all chance of catching anyone ‘at it’ and it seems nothing has changed. It’s very easy for em’ to cause stress and anxiety to legitimate claimants because people are angry at benefit claimants after they’ve spent the last years being demonised.

it must be really horrible to think someone you know would cause you further aggro’ as if having poxy MS isn’t bad enough! But I’m a believer in “what goes round, comes round” and when someone does this out of malice they invite trouble for themselves!

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day, when they’ve forgotten what they’ve done it’ll come back and bite em’ on the bum!

2 Likes

I was reported back in 2014 off benifits fraud by a so called friend the investigator arrived at our door one morning as I was retrieving somthing form the car his first words were let me help you with that.when he said why he had arrived out off the blue I new right away who it was this so called pillar of the community the dwp guy went through everything and found that we were being under paid by a substantial amount the next time I saw said friend I said that we had had a visit and that we were better off after it he went red as a beetroot I will get him though .

2 Likes

That is excellent. I wonder why you call this person a friend though?

Anonymous phone call I think. Anonymous is all I was told, but probably a phone call.

Florence he doesn’t know that I saw the letter he wrote we still look after his go when he goes on holiday but

One day he will slip up and I will give him a red face amongst friends .He reports people for various minor descretions

Keep friends close but enemies closer .

How did you see the letter? Did the DWP show it to you? The Fraud Squad man I spoke to yesterday was quite open with me except an anonymous tip off doesn’t carry much information.

Your fiend (I took the R out) is one of those people compelled to report other people is he? I knew one of those once, Ron Piddle his name was (nearly, that’s what we called him), Piddle reported everybody for everything.

Hi I have got a compliance telephone interview on the 32/10/18 and I have never heard of these before and don’t no what they are I have googled it a few times as it’s really playing in my mind and I can’t sleep due to worrying all day and night it’s say about changes and things I was working for 2 months on a 12 hour contract I did ring job centre to sign off I was claming ESA I never got any letters id any kind off phone call from them about my interviews and that I was having every 3 months off them so I assumed they singed me off can anyone tell me what this letter could be about please

What a coincidence I had a sinister looking letter from the dip telling me to report to the job centre office for an interview with a " Compliance Officer" didn’t have a clue what it was until I googled the code number off the bottom of the letter. Fraud fiddeling liking, and more OMG my mind went into overdrive the border line personality and my bi polar kicked in after 4 or 5 hours of this I just caved in and phoned them and told them about my illnesses and I couldn’t wait until the interview to find out what it was about I would probably have tried something really silly by then, not silly to me mind. Omg what a nice bloke it was just about the permitted work I had been doing since 2015 and the first year they knew about but after that he said the paperwork dried up and he just wanted to get it all in order to present, well January when I went on the sick and July they fished me due to dissablillity. Big sigh of relief I thought it was that nasty horrible selfish arrogant evil old man next door, can you tell we don’t get on