Charing Cross MS team refusing to help - is this the new normal?

I am just writing as the MS service at Charing Cross hospital (who I have been with since 2015) said they are no longer responding to emails due to capacity issues. When I said I’d had a relapse and need to go on steroids they said to call A&E!
Is this the recent experience of others in West London? If so, what are you doing? Do we have to go private now for urgent medical support outside the set nhs annual mri and set annual meeting with a neurologist and nurse?

Thinking back to early Covid lockdown days, I recall that Charing X totally threw their Tysabri patients under a bus by cancelling infusions and not making alternative arrangements. As far as I know, they were the only hospital in the country to have done that. As a Tysabri patient myself (fortunately at a better-run hospital) this sent chills up my spine. So neurology services Charing X do have previous for being quite exceptionally useless. If my memory isn’t playing tricks, that is.

1 Like

I was in the CXH infusion room for over 4 hours on Friday. It was busy, full and appeared to be adequately staffed for the 9 or 10 chairs in use. Keep asking!

1 Like